• 𝐧 𝐢 𝐧 𝐞 𝐭 𝐞 𝐞 𝐧 •

[Slight NSFW content & strong languages ahead]

A a r a v

I walked along the riverbank, eyes scanning for any sign of Meher. When I spotted the familiar gleam of her family's yacht in the distance, I hurried over, hoping for a chance to speak privately.

I stepped onto the boat, steeling myself for whatever lay ahead. As I made my way over to where Meher sat, she spoke without turning, somehow sensing my presence.

"What do you want, Rathore?" Her sharp tone caught me off guard. I sighed, running a hand through my hair. This wouldn't be easy.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. This difficult woman never made anything easy.

"We need to talk, Arora."

She chuckled dryly, without looking at me. "Last time we did that, I'm pretty sure you wanted to strangle me with your bare hands."

Her blunt reminder struck a nerve, and I sucked in a sharp breath. She wasn't going to make this painless, that was for sure. She wasn't wrong to skewer me so. I deserved no less after my brutal accusations. But I had to try and make her understand, somehow bridge the gaping chasm that now lay between us.

But lashing out with anger and pride would solve nothing. Squaring my shoulders, I replied steadily, "I'm up for a discussion now."

Silence answered me for a long moment as the river babbled by. When I considered leaving her be.

She whirled at me, eyes blazing with barely contained fury as if searching for deception.

"Oh are you now Aarav Fucking Rathore? Has your unnecessary anger finally died down or are you up for more dramatic shit?"

Caught off guard, I scrambled for a reply. "Wait, wha—"

But she wasn't finished. "But then again why would you, because you literally don't consider people's perspective other than your own."

Meher's razor-sharp tongue struck with deadly accuracy, flaying me open and rubbing salt in my wounds. Each biting accusation only confirmed how thoroughly I had wronged her.

Her rage was justified. I'd given her no chance to explain before accusations flew.

I held up my hands placatingly. "Look, I know—"

She cut me off ruthlessly. "Trust me, you don't! You really don't. When I tried telling you I didn't know about whatever-the-fuck our dads cooked up, I meant it." Throwing her hands up, she added bitterly, "But you?  you were too busy fuming and seething at me."

She unleashed her fury without pause, barely letting me speak, irritation began to rise alongside my remorse. I was used to holding court, not being verbally beaten into submission. Yet I held my tongue, knowing her anger was justified after how brutally I'd turned on her before.

"Woman, let me speak—" I tried again, slightly irritated.

She unleashed the full force of her wrath. "Oh keep your rotten, expired and godforsaken opinions to yourself!" she seethed, "I don't give two flying fucks about you and your fucked up ideas!"

When I tried to interject, she shut me down ruthlessly once more. Her derisive dismissal of my "rotten, expired opinions" stung my pride deeper. But beneath the irritation, a grudging respect grew for this woman's fiery spirit and refusal to back down. Her glares could flay a man alive.

As she turned to leave, instinct took over. I grabbed her wrist to stop her retreat, instantly regretting it as her eyes blazed a warning.

"Aarav. Fucking. Rathore. Let go of my wrist now." she said coldly. Her eyes held none of the familiar warmth, only icy fury.