Sun is up

Created: 24.07.2022

Finished: 27.07.2022

Edited: 13.09.2022

Age: 16

Word count: 1,022

Warnings: None

Request: Yes

Summary: Your mother tries to wake you up for the school, only to be met with resistance from your side.

Natasha looked one more time at the watch to double-check that it was 7 a.m. before heading to your room.

As usual, the ex-assassin woke up at 5 a.m., trained, took a shower, and made breakfast for you to eat before going to school. It was her morning routine.

The woman gently pushed open your bedroom door and quietly made her way towards your bed.

She took a moment to admire your peaceful sleeping face and think about how lucky she was to have you as her daughter.

You were a true blessing for her and nothing could ever change that. She adored you.

"Baby..." Natasha whispered as she gently shook you "It's time to get up or you'll be late for school sweetheart."

"No..." You mumbled as you hid your face in your pillow

Natasha was a bit taken aback. You usually weren't the type of kid that doesn't want to get up in the mornings.

"Come on, love. Open your beautiful eyes for Mama." Natasha tried again

The only answer she got was a firm 'No' again.

Slightly frustrated but mainly confused, Natasha started to think of a way she could get you out of bed.

Firstly, she walked to the window and opened the curtains allowing the morning sunlight to paint your room in shades of orange, yellow, and pink.

Then walked back to your side and laid down next to you.

"Y/N... The sun is up baby girl and you have school in one hour. Please get up." Natasha softly whispered in your ear as her hand slowly made her way toward your waist, wrapping itself around it

"Just 5 more minutes please..." You groaned

"You're going to be late, kid." Your mom tried to reason with you "I'll drive you to school. Just please wake up."

You opened only one eye and looked at your mother "Mama! Just please let me sleep a little more..."

"You look like Fury." Natasha laughed "Just let me quickly take a picture."

And before you had time to react or even understand what she said in your sleepy state, Natasha pulled her phone out of her pocket and took a picture of you sitting like that with one eye closed and one open.

This seemed to have an effect on you because when you protested and demanded for the picture to be deleted, which Natasha absolutely refused to do, you seemed a little bit more awake.

So Natasha saw this as an opportunity.

If the gentle waking-up method hadn't worked, it was time for the bribing method.

"How about we cuddle for the next 15 minutes, then you, young lady, will quickly eat the breakfast I have made for you, that by the way it's getting cold because I made pancakes, go to school and after school ends I'll come pick you up and you can choose where do you want us to go and have some time together as mother and daughter?"

That caught your attention.

"Really?" You turned around to look at Natasha

"Really." She nodded "It's been some time since we had a mother-daughter day and you've been doing so good in school that you deserve a reward for all the hard work you're putting in." The redhead smiled down at you

"I'd love that." You nodded and snuggled closer to Natasha

Said and done.

Or at least half of the deal.

Because when Natasha announced that the 15 minutes of cuddling were over you refused to get out of bed again.

Natasha just sighted not quite expecting that.

Plan B didn't work.

Suddenly an amazing idea popped up in her mind "F.R.I.D.A.Y. please play Tony's morning music playlist."

"Of course, Miss Romanoff." F.R.I.D.A.Y. confirmed

And with that the well-known, awesome, and legendary song "Back in Black" by AC/DC, one of the top favorite songs of your uncle Tony, started booming all across the room leaving you no other choice than to sit up with a grumpy face because Natasha had taken your pillow from under your head.

"Give me my pillow back!" You whined, making grabby hands towards Natasha

"No chance, baby girl." She laughed which only made you more angry

And as if it wasn't enough torture for you already, Natasha had another brilliant idea and from one quick move, she started tickling you.

"Mama, no!" You laughed as you tried to wiggle your way out

It was clear as daylight that now you were wide awake and in no mood to sleep anymore and yet Natasha kept on tickling you.

"If you don't get up then the tickle monster shall get you!" Natasha laughed

"Please, stop! I'm up! I'm up!" You shouted in hopes Natasha would stop

"Well, I will stop because you nicely asked me to." Your mom said before stopping the awful torture of tickling that she made you go through

"Thank you..." A big sigh of relief came out of your mouth "F.R.I.D.A.Y. please stop the music."

On cue, the music stopped.

"Does my little baby want to sleep more now?" Natasha pinched your cheeks with a big smile all over her face

"Not anymore." You declared, unimpressed by her childish actions

"Then get up and get changed." She sat up "I'll wait for you in the kitchen so we can eat together."

You sighed and rubbed your eyes with both your hands.

"Love getting up in the morning only to go to the school." You sarcastically said

"Oh no." Natasha laughed on her way to the door "You're not going to school anymore for today."

"What?!" You shouted confused

"It's already very late. I'll call the principal and tell him you're sick. After we eat we can go shopping and whatever else you want us to do today." She smiled at you before closing the door behind her

Saying you were shocked was an understatement. You were utterly confused but felt so lucky to have Natasha as your mom.

She was truly the best mother in the world and no one could say otherwise.

How lucky you were to have Natasha as your mom.