Coming home (Part 3)

Created: 12.02.2022

Finished: 03.05.2023

Edited: 18.09.2023

Age: 16

Word count: 2,000

Warnings: None

Request: No

Six months.

That's how much time had passed since your death. And no one was over it yet.

Your uncles tried to focus on the thing that each knew how to do better, to distract themself from your loss.

And your mother... Well... She was in the worst shape from all of them. She looked nothing like the woman she was six months ago.

Natasha is pale, she barely eats or gets out of her room. She cried all the time and the spark in her eyes died with you.

Clint took her to his house once, thinking it would make her feel better.

That was such a bad idea, because as soon as his kids jumped to hug their aunt, she burst into tears again and Natasha didn't stop until she fell asleep.

Clint learned his lesson.

Today, the team had a big mission and they needed all the help they could get.

Taking down a Hydra base wasn't easy.

But for Natasha, was again one of those days when she would just lock herself in your room and cry, so no one dared to disturb her.

Little did they know that this mission would become the most important mission in their lives.

As soon as they returned everyone snapped into action, Thor went to Asgard to give the news. Bruce, Tony, and Steve headed to the medbay and Clint sprinted to tell Natasha what they had found and brought back.

Natasha didn't even flinch, when Clint literally took down the door with a huge smile on his face.

She just continued to lay on your bed, hugging a picture of you. Her face was tear-strained but her eyes were empty of all feelings.

"Nat, you won't believe what we have found! You need to hurry up and see it too." Clint yelled

"I don't care." She simply said in a very low voice

"When you see what it is, I bet you're going to be interested in it." Clint's voice was sounding too tempting

From one quick move, he lifted her from the bed and threw her over his shoulder, the assassin making no move to protest.

Ever since you had died, she just doesn't care what happens to her anymore.

"You are going to be so happy. So happy." Clint beamed up

"That's not possible for me anymore, Clint." Natasha emotionlessly clarified

"I doubt." He challenged

Once inside the medbay, Clint put Natasha down and motioned to her to turn around.

When she didn't, he turned her around himself.

Natasha's eyes widened and she blinked a few times, waiting for the illusion in front of her to disappear.

"You look like you've seen a ghost, Romanoff." Tony laughed

In fact, she was seeing one.

"This can't be." She muttered "What type of sick joke is this, boys?!"

"It's not a joke." Steve assured