Our little star

Created: 16.05.2023

Finished: 16.05.2023

Edited: 14.09.2023

Age: 16, 17

Word count: 3,374

Warnings: None

Request: Yes

Pairing: BlackHill

Summary: Maria decides to give Natasha's daughter, Y/N, a very special gift for her upcoming birthday.

Maria Hill was deeply lost in thoughts as she sat on the edge of her bed staring at the floor.

She was actually so lost that she hadn't even heard the door of the room being opened.

Natasha Romanoff, the one person who knew Maria like the back of her hand, stepped inside and sat down next to her girlfriend on their shared bed and gently placed her hand on Maria's back.

It was only then that Maria had registered Natasha's presence in the room.

"Oh, hi, babe." Maria greeted her fiancée, surprise evident in her voice "What's up?"

Natasha quietly laughed "What's up?" She questioned amused "Since when do you use this kind of words? Hmm? That means that you're nervous. Don't think I haven't noticed how lost you were in your own head... Now tell me, what is bothering my sweet future wife so bad that she hasn't even reacted when I walked inside the room?"

'Damn it!' Maria thought 'She knows me better than I know myself.'

"I was thinking about Y/N." Maria admitted with a deep sigh

Ah, yes.

Y/N.

Natasha's 16-year-old daughter, who is soon to be 17.

Now it makes sense why Maria was so deep in her own mind.

Over the years, Natasha gradually filled different roles in Maria's life.

She was her enemy at first. The girl that Maria had sent Clint Barton to kill almost 15 years ago.

Clint couldn't do it and looking back on it, Maria is grateful to whatever higher being there is that Clint didn't have the heart to kill Natasha and her baby daughter, or else Maria's life would have been much more different now.

Then slowly, Natasha became her co-worker.

Then she became her friend the moment Natasha introduced Maria to her 2-year-old daughter.

Y/N.

The little girl who stole Maria's heart the moment Maria first laid eyes on her, hiding behind her mother's legs.

Y/N had Maria wrapped around her little finger from day one and, much to Natasha's dismay, Maria was never able to say 'no' to Y/N.

Then, slowly, over the years Natasha went from friend to best friend but that didn't last for long because soon enough Maria realized that Natasha was waking feelings inside her that were very different from the simple friendship ones.

Gathering the courage she needed, Maria asked Natasha to be her girlfriend, exactly on the day that marked 8 years since they met each other for the first time.

Not so surprisingly, Natasha accepted.

That's how Maria and Natasha moved together in their own little house outside of the big city.

One year ago and 6 years into their official relationship, Maria, with Y/N's help, asked Natasha if she wanted to be her other half forever, and after a lot of happy tears, Natasha said 'yes' once again.