Fight for their lives (Part 1)

Created: 05.06.2023

Finished: 06.06.2023

Edited: 25.09.2023

Age: 18

Word count: 4,641

Warnings: Explosion, Poison, Blood, Injuries

Request: Yes (Tumblr user)

Pairing: BlackHill

Summary: After Natasha and Maria are injured during a mission, you need to make an important decision.

"Why do you both have to leave?" You cried, standing in front of your mothers who were trying to walk in the QuinJet "I deserve an explanation."

"Baby..." Natasha, your Mama, sighed "We already told you. Nick wanted both of us on this mission. That's why."

"Yeah, kid." Maria, your Mom, nodded "We'll be very quick. We promise."

"I don't understand why you don't want to tell me where you're going. She rarely goes out into the field." You frustratingly pointed with your hand toward Maria

"Kiddo, listen to me." Your mom placed her hands on your shoulders "This time I was ordered to go out there and fight by your mama's side on the field. We aren't going alone. The team will also be there with us."

"Which only makes my belief that something's wrong stronger." You pointed out "Please don't go. Both of you."

"We have to, kitten." Your mama cupped your face "Just as Mom said, we'll be back home before you know it and we'll do whatever you want us to do together." She kissed your cheek "We love you so much."

"We love you, kid." Maria kissed your other cheek

Both women pushed past you and walked in the Jet with a hammering feeling in their chests.

You never reacted like this when they had to leave for a mission. Not even when you were a little child.

"She'll be fine." Maria smiled reassuringly at her wife, putting her hand on Natasha's shoulder "She's a big girl now."

"It's not her that I'm worried about." Natasha sighed, placing her hand over her chest

"Then what is it, oh my sweet Russian wife, that is bothering you so much that you became so sad all of a sudden?" Maria sang in a childish voice, trying to put a smile on Natasha's face

"You're such a child." Natasha chuckled tearfully as she playfully slapped Maria's arm "But Y/N is right, Masha. We don't know the details of this mission ourselves. You usually direct the mission from the operational center and get sent on the field only when there's a world threat. Not to mention that we don't even know where we're going. We just know that we have to retrieve a file with important information, nothing more."

"Hey..." Maria gently lifted Natasha's chin with her fingers "We'll be fine, beautiful. Don't you worry. We will safely finish this mission and we will come back to our daughter in one piece. I promise."

"I trust you with my life." Natasha rested her forehead against Maria's

"Umm... We're also here." Clint awkwardly interrupted their moment, getting the couple's attention as he pointed from him to the entire team that had to assist at the sweet moment between them

"Just get a room." Tony shouted "And only then can both of you eat each other's donut."

The couple rolled their eyes at the same time at Tony's inappropriate joke.

"Asshole!" Maria shouted, taking Natasha's hand and walking over to the seats

You were lying on your bed, just staring at the ceiling of your room when alarms started ringing throughout the entire compound.