You came back to me (Part 3)

Created: 20.03.2022

Finished: 04.07.2022

Edited: 19.09.2023

Age: 15

Word count: 1,384

Warnings: Memory loss

Request: No

"You."

Natasha's brain stopped working for a second. Everything that happened in the past few days was a little bit hard to process and now this new piece of information had made her brain have a short circuit.

Could it be? For once in her life could things be so easy and simple for her?

"How?" Was all Natasha choked out "He shot her in front of my eyes."

"While you were gone today I lied to Y/N and told her I needed to run some tests to see if she was healthy and took the chance to analyze that scar you've mentioned. Clint told me about it." Bruce explained "I have a theory. I think that the bullet Y/N was shot with was an altered bullet that produced no significant damage but was powerful enough to hit some nerves and make her go unconscious. Creating the illusion that she was dead. And also leaving her with those long-term gaps in her memory."

Silence fell over the room all of a sudden.

Natasha couldn't believe her ears.

Life actually was nice to her for once and let her have it easy this time.

Her daughter is alive.

And even more.

The team's Y/N was her Y/N. They had always been the same person. Her baby girl.

"Go to her, Natasha. I'll inform the others of the situation." Bruce pulled Nat out of her thoughts

Natasha rushed as fast as she could down the corridor and into the living room where you were still peacefully sleeping.

She took in a shaky breath and tried to gather herself as best as she could, as she slowly approached you with shy steps.

Once she was next to your side, she kneeled next to your head and started to stroke your hair, while the only thing her eyes reflected was love and adoration.

This was actually true.

She got to have her daughter again.

Alive and well.

She got to hold you and kiss you and do again all those things with you she only dreamed about.

She even did it these past few months but learning that you are actually her beloved daughter made everything mean so much more to her now.

Suddenly, her life didn't seem as meaningless as it was before.

No.

It was actually bright.

The hole inside her was once again filled.

~~~~~

Y/B/D, 2001

A day Natasha will never be able to forget.

"Congratulations, Widow. It's a girl." A guard mocked Natasha as he threw her newborn baby in her arms for the first time

Natasha gently held the little bundle of joy in her arms and looked speechless at the small baby. Her baby.

With a soft kiss on the baby's forehead, the young mother whispered "Hi, my sweet girl. I'm so happy you're finally here with me, little angel. You're Mama's little miracle and I promise you that I'll always keep you safe. Thank you for coming into my life and for making me a mom. I love you more than anything, my baby. My Y/N."