Light of my life

Created: 15.09.2022

Finished: 16.02.2023

Edited: 13.09.2023

Age: 14

Word count: 3,115

Warnings: Blood, Death, Explosion, Throwing up, Fainting

Request: Yes (Tumblr user)

Summary: During one of the Avengers' missions you tag along, only for the mission to take an unexpected turn.

"Do you understand the plan?" Your mother asked you again as she placed her hands on your shoulders firmly

You rolled your eyes "Yes, Mama. You've already told me this. I get it." You answered bored

Why is she treating you like such a child when, obviously, you are not?!

If Fury thought you were ready to be in the field why can't Natasha accept it too?!

Natasha let out a deep sigh and nodded "I just want you to be safe, baby. You're all I have in this world." She pulled you in for a tight hug "I won't be able to live with myself if I ever lost you. Okay? You're Mama's miracle and her entire world. Without you, I don't exist."

Natasha's words made you feel a little guilty for treating her like you just did.

Yes.

She was a little overprotective.

But you understood her concern.

No mother wants a dead child.

Especially Natasha. Because you're her only child. Losing you would mean the end of her life and you know it. If you die she won't hesitate a second in following you.

It was an important mission given the fact that the entire team was there and you even got reinforcements from S.H.I.E.L.D.

Everyone was on the field.

Despite your protests, your mother dragged you to a different building, one that was a little far away from the one where all the action was taking place, and instructed you to hide there.

"You'll stay here, Y/N. You got me?" Natasha pulled you inside one of the rooms after making sure it was empty

"No, Mama! I want to be there, fighting." You shouted "I'm more than capable of being the one who takes the hard drive with all the pieces of information we need. You fight and I sneak inside and get it. As simple as that."

"No, baby. You have new orders. And that will be for you to stay here and hide." Your mom explained

As soon as Natasha understood that this mission was one of those very risky missions she decided to take you somewhere safe.

"You better listen to your mother, kid." Tony's voice boomed inside your ears through your comms "She knows better."

"Oh, come on toe knee!" You threw your hands in the air "You can't possibly be on her side."

"I'm sorry, mini Romanoff. If Natasha says you're not allowed in the fight then you're not." Tony replied before the sound of one of his energy blasts echoed

"Y/N, Natasha's right." Steve groaned "This fight is way more dangerous than we first anticipated."

"You guys can't agree with her!" You argued through your comms "I can fight! My mom, it's just being her usual mama bear."

"I wouldn't argue with her if I was you, Natasha Junior." Clint was the one to talk this time "Natasha Senior can be very persuasive when she wants to."