Tea party

Created: 09.09.2022

Finished: 27.02.2023

Edited: 14.09.2023

Age: 4

Word count: 1,325

Warnings: None

Request: Yes (Tumblr user)

Summary: Natasha and her daughter have a tea party together.

Natasha briefly looked up from the papers and files she was so caught up in due to the fact that she needed to hand over to Fury a report about her latest mission in a few hours.

Her eyes immediately looked towards her left where you were sitting on the ground, playing with your toys.

Natasha always took you to her office whenever she had a lot of work to do so she could watch you.

She smiled at how cute you were while pretending to talk with your stuffed animals.

But before your mom looked back down to the paper in front of her, you got up from the ground and started to arrange your stuffed animals and your toys, getting them ready for your next game.

"What are you playing, sweetheart?" Natasha curiously raised an eyebrow

"Tea party." You answered as you put your plastic tea set on the little pink plastic table you had "Do you want to play with me?" Your voice was full of hope

Natasha fell silent for a moment as she contemplated what should she choose.

She looked in between the pile of files on her desk and you.

You sadly sighed as soon as you saw the hesitation in your mom's eyes "It's okay. You can keep working."

Natasha's heart broke when she looked at the sad expression on your little face and at that moment she dropped the pen from her hand and sat up from her desk.

"I'd love to play with you." Natasha smiled widely as she got closer to you "Where can I sit down?"

For Natasha, nothing was more important than you. No work, no mission, no one. You were her number one priority and she didn't want to lose any moment of your life.

This was the perfect opportunity for Natasha to spend quality time with her daughter.

Screw the work and Fury.

You excitedly grabbed Natasha's hand and led her to the table "You can sit next to Benny." You pointed to your stuffed bear

Your mom happily complained and took a sit on the floor next to Benny the Bear.

"What tea would you like to drink, Ma'am?" You smiled at your mother as you put a menu in front of her that was just a paper filled with colorful doddles and set your roleplay into action

Natasha took the paper from the table and pretended to read it as she tried her hardest to hide her smile, failing miserably.

"Hmm..." Natasha tapped her chin "What would you recommend me, Miss?"

"We have lots of tea." You beamed up but took your serious face once again "But I love the strawberry tea more."

"Then strawberry tea it is."  Natasha nodded

You turned around and pretended to pour some tea from your plastic teapot into one of your small pink teacups.

You very carefully lifted the cup that was placed on a small plate that was the same color as the cup and slowly handed it to your mom.