You came back to me (Part 1)

Created: 10.03.2022

Finished: 22.06.2022

Edited: 19.09.2023

Age: 15

Word count: 2,853

Warnings: Child loss, Passing out

Request: No

Detka = Baby

Summary: During one of the Avengers' missions, they stumble across a young girl.

At this point, you were running.

Running for your life. Running as fast as you could. Running from...

You have no idea what you are running from anymore.

You've been running for too long in this dark and strange forest, that you don't even remember from what you are running or who you are.

Your feet were hurting you and your energy was running low. Your breathing was heavier and heavier. Your head was pounding.

The rush of adrenaline was so high that you realized you had banged your head on something when you were already on the ground and with your blurry vision, before you passed out, you saw people hovering above you.

The Avengers were assigned to take down a HYDRA base located in some unknown forest.

But the last thing they expected to come upon, when they were going back to the QuinJet, was a young teenage girl running scared from something.

Accidentally, Steve hit her with his shield and the poor girl passed out from the force of the impact.

"Oh God, oh God, oh God." Steve shouted, leaning over the girl "What have I done?"

"Move, Rogers." Natasha pushed Steve aside and got closer to the unconscious girl

"What is she doing here?"

"We need to take her to the QuinJet!"

"Who's this?!"

Tony, Natasha, and Sam said at the same time but as expected Natasha won.

Steve picked you up and carried you to the Jet. Once inside, he laid you down on the floor, Wanda putting a pillow she found somewhere under your head.

"She's okay. Most probably she has a concussion but no serious damage." Bruce announced after he quickly checked you up "But I'd still like to take her to my lab and run more tests, just to make sure she's okay."

The team nodded and each one spread around to do their own things.

But Natasha was the only one to stay by your side just in case anything happened.

The redhead found herself staring at your face. She doesn't know why, but your presence made Natasha feel something special towards you. She felt like she needed to protect you.

Three hours later you were already resting on Natasha's bed back at the compound, with the woman in question watching over you.

You hadn't woken up at all during the journey back or while Bruce examined you. You haven't even felt the way Natasha held your hand all this time, trying to provide you with some comfort even in your unconscious state.

Opening your eyes slowly, you tried to adjust your eyes to the light and take in your surroundings.

Before you got time to even start panicking because you didn't recognize your surroundings, a soft voice reassured you.

"Shh... You're safe. Don't worry. We're not going to hurt you. You're safe with me." The voice of a woman whispered softly