The legacy

Created: 23.05.2023

Finished: 23.05.2023

Edited: 14.05.2023

Age: 2

Word count: 2,153

Warnings: Gun, Blood, Death, Cussing

Request: Yes (Tumblr user)

AU: Mafia

Summary: Natasha discovers that a traitor is hiding inside her organization.

The early morning sun started shining through the curtains of the office of the world's most influential mafia leader.

Natasha Romanoff sat at her desk in silence, hidden in the shadows of the morning light.

Unexpectedly, the most influential and feared person in this world was a woman, much to the dismay of her rivals who were all men.

She was a living legend in the criminal underworld.

Her ruthless tactics and cunning intelligence made her unstoppable.

Natasha had grown up on the streets and slowly built her own empire out of the dust, even if this empire was mostly built on illegal things.

Natasha is cold, calculated, and fearless.

No one dared to cross her word as they knew that would be the end for them.

But unlike anything you would have expected from the most badass woman in the universe, Natasha was also a very respected and loved woman who cared for her friends and allies, and let's not forget about Natasha's secret soft side, her baby daughter, Y/N. Natasha's greatest accomplishment.

A small smile appeared on Natasha's face as the thought of her daughter made its way to the front of her mind.

That little 2-year-old was the only thing that was bounding the leader to her human side.

Y/N, the spitting image of her mother, was the most adorable toddler anyone could ever meet. She was very active, and curious and already had her own personality, making Natasha fall even deeper in love with her offspring.

Y/N was going to be a great leader one day after Natasha was no more. She is the rightful heir and Natasha already knows that her organization will be in very good hands with Y/N as the leader.

-

The door of the office was slowly pushed open, catching Natasha's attention she slightly tensed, confused about who could be disturbing her so early in the morning.

Natasha's shoulders slowly fell back down in relaxation as a wide smile formed on her face.

Clint Barton, her best friend, confidant, and adoptive brother, stepped inside the room carrying his niece in his arms and apologetically looked at his friend.

"Sorry to bother you, Tasha." Clint quietly apologized "I know the rules but this little one started crying when she realized you weren't in bed next to her and I heard her from my room so here she is." He finished, pointing his head towards Y/N

"It's okay, Clint. Don't worry about it." Natasha nodded, standing up from her chair and walking over to him "Now, why is my little princess awake so early?" She cooed, taking you into her arms

"Mama!" You cried, hiding your face in her chest and tightly clinging to her shirt

"I'm here, baby." Natasha rubbed your back "You're safe."

All it took was a few reassuring words from your mother and just as that, you were sound asleep in her arms, your head resting on her shoulder and your face hidden in her neck.