Chapter 7

Alex Pov

I'm surprisingly having a good time, I haven't worried about crashing or having flashbacks this whole time. Raya and Chat have been screaming lyrics to songs as I swayed back and forth.

We were in the country side now. Nothing was in sight, just fields.

"YEAH WE FANCY LIKE APPLEBEES ON A DATE NIGHT GOT THAT BOURBON STREET STEAK WITH THE OREO SHAKE" Raya yelled, pretending her phone was a microphone.

"WITH THE WHIP CREAM ON THE TOP TOO, TWO STRAWS ONE CHECK GIRL I GOTTCHU" Chat finished.

I have been smiling like an idiot. This is great. The pair keep singing (screaming) and I started spacing out. Little did I know I was staring at Raya. She's so pretty. I could stare at her forever and never get tired of it.

What am I thinking? I'm not gay.

"Having fun there" Raya smirked. I've been caught. I just smiled awkwardly and looked away. That's when I noticed it was almost dark out.

Fuck.

My eyes widened. How could I be so stupid?  He's going to go psycho. I could already feel the aching feeling in my ribs.

"Hey are you ok?" Raya asked.

What's the time?? I scribbled quickly. I'm so fucked.

"Uh, 7:44, why?" Oh I'm dead.

I felt my breathing quicken.

"Hey hey hey" Raya instantly unbuckled her seat belt and climbed into the back next to me.

She pulled me into her chest and stroked my hair.

"It's ok, we can go back" she gave a stern look to her brother and he nodded. Turning around instantly since no one was around.

I feel like I'm ruining their fun. They aren't gonna like me after this. God I'm such a burden.

I brought my knees to my chin and my hands to my head.

"Alex, it's ok" Rayas hands wrapped around my waist.

I'm pathetic I'm-

"Look at me" She put her hand under my chin and turned my head so I was facing her.

"Calm down, it'll all be alright" she said. A few tears rolled down my cheeks. Why is she being so kind? I don't deserve it. Her kindness.

She wiped my tears and I hugged her. Burying my face in the crook of her neck. She smells nice. Like mens cologne and vanilla. Her hand was resting on my head and my stomach felt weird. Like I was gonna be sick but.. not? I don't know how to explain it.

"We went pretty far, it'll be about an hours drive" Chat Said.

I couldn't see it but i knew Raya was giving him a mean death stare.

...

Rayas Pov

No one gets that scared when they are past a curfew. No one.