Chapter 9

Alex Pov

Soft giggles exited her mouth as the  father spun her around and around, holding onto the little girl tightly so he didn't drop her.

When he put her down he grinned, "how about we go get some icecream!"

The little girl jumped up and cheering. "Yes yes yes!"

The dad put her small hand in his and they walked away towards the shop.

The girls face was so lit up it could blind a man.

I hugged my pillow tight trying to forget this memory. It hurt me more knowing that my father used to be great. That he used to be kind. That he used to love me.

Sighing, I lifted myself off the bed and grabbed a baggy shirt some shorts,underwear, bra and a towl.

I made my way to the bathroom making sure to be quiet and turned on the shower. As I got stripped of my clothes I thought for a momment.

You know what? Fuck it. I thought while turning on the heat so it burned my back. I hissed at the pain but nonetheless stayed still.

I put a bunch of  shampoo in the palm of my hand and started massaging it into my scalp. It felt nice. Usually I don't use to much to Savor it.

But right now I couldn't care less. I felt numb. I haven't felt this way since I've met Chat and Ray. I really didn't miss this feeling.

Once the tap was turned off I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my body. I grabbed my toothbrush and started to brush my teeth.

That's when I heard a loud knock on the bathroom door.

"ALEX" I heard my father yell.

My eyes squeezed shut and I let out a shaky breath.

"ALEX I SWEAR TO GOD GET OUT HERE" he screeched.

I hurriedly put on the clothes and slowly opened the door. Revealing the steamed up mirrors.

"You little whore." He growled. The man grabbed me tightly by my hair and held me there. Leaving my neck exposed.

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THE HOT WATER"

Hot tears filled my eyes. I wanted to yell at him. I wanted to stand up for myself.

But no. I'm standing here crying like the pathetic Whore I am.

That's when he grabbed me by my throat. My eyes were wide as I stared up at him. The numb feeling I felt before was surpassed by fear and pain.

"Delilah is coming over and I want you out of the house you got that?!" He snarled. I nodded.

He slammed me into the floor and spat.
"You're pathetic you know that?" He said. I nodded again. Scoffing he walked toward the door.

"Don't come back tonight, also hurry up, if your not outside in the next two minutes i'll just lock you in the basement" and with that he slammed the door. Leaving me alone.

I quickly ran to my desk and grabbed my phone.

Dorkasaurus🦖🐸

Me:
Hey um can we meet up at the park again? My dad is having some friends over and I find them boring.