Chapter 21

R a y a

Alex has been acting off ever since we got out of the movies. I wanted to ask her about it but my annoying brother was being loud and kept  interrupting me or whined about something that he didn't like.

Chat has really been bothering me today, usually he's not so needy, so I don't know why he's been acting like this.

I looked over at Alex to see that she was staring out the window. 

She looked so sad, Like there were so many thoughts going through her head but not one letting itself free, almost like a prison.

As If her mind was a prison.

"Hey can I play a song now? Yous have been playing all the music" Chat complained once again. I rolled my eyes and handed him the Aux. 

He played Something but all my attention was on Alex. I wish she would open up to me a little. 

 Eventually I turned away and tried to ignore my thoughts. I got sucked into the rhythm of the song, I always made fun of Chat for his music taste but in reality I secretly enjoyed it. I would never admit that to him of course. 

Chat was the only one who was singing and having a good time at this point, like he was oblivious to the fact both me and Alex were over this.

"Hey Chat, can we turn around, I have a bit of a headache" It wasn't  completely a lie, i did have a headache, but I also felt that Alex didn't want to be here.

"Is my music taste that bad" He laughed.

I didn't respond and just looked out the window, The power lines and fences that surrounded large fields were a blur due to how fast we were going. 

"We're gonna have to stop at a gas station first" Chat informed. I just nooded.

After about another 20 minutes we were at a gas station, When Chat went inside I moved to the back seat next to Alex.  

"Hey are you alright? Your leg has been shaking the whole car ride" I asked, to which she  just nodded.

I sighed and looked out the window just to see Chat walking towards us with a wide smile and his arms filled with snacks. 

I couldn't help but laugh. This had always been his way to try cheer people up since we were little, Just buy a whole lot of food and binge watch shows or sit in the boot and watch the waves at the beach.

He knocked on the door with his elbow trying to get us to open the door. I reached over the seat and opened his door for the teenaged boy. 

"What am I? A taxi driver" He asked. I rolled my eyes. 

"What did you get" I asked wide eyed with the amount he was able to carry.

"WELLLLL, I got Alex a monster and some skittles Cause I remember she said she liked them and I got you a v along with party mix bag since your basic" He explained.

"I also just got a bunch of random stuff for the three of us to share, Should we go to the beach and eat or do yous just want to just go home?" He asked.

I looked at Alex, "What do you want to do?" I questioned. 

Me and Chat both waited patiently as she got out he phone and started typing. 

Could we go to the beach? I haven't been in years

Chat smiled and nodded and soon we were driving toward the ocean.

Once we got there we popped the trunk and he already had blankets and pillows, he must come here a lot. 

We started digging into all the different snacks Chat got, and I could tell that Alex was a lot more relaxed.

I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was already four, How did that happen?

It didn't seem like that much time had gone by....

"How come you can see the moon when the sun is out? Like Do the people on the opposite side of earth just not have a moon when that happens?" Chat suddenly asked, catching me off guard.

"Ummmm" I was speechless. 

"LIKE HOW?!" Chat exclaimed, Causing Alex to chuckle, she then pulled her phone out of her pocket and started to type. 

I think it has something to do with reflection, like how the stars are still there but its just covered with too much sun light, usually when you see the moon during the day its early in the morning so it'll probably still be setting on the other side of the world

"But sometimes I see it in the afternoon..." 

It was just a guess she shrugged.

"huh, weird" He sighed, leaning back into the fortress of pillows.

__________________________

I just pulled that all out my ass I have no clue if any of that is true😭 Anyways i would just like to say i am about to get writing heaps more chapters so i can try get them on the promised times, but as much as i want to post twice a week its just not possible anymore since there has been a lot of changes in my life recently so  im going to have to change it to one chapter a week  and there wont be any promised day. I am so so so sorry about this guys i have been trying my hardest. Love you all❤️💋

901 words