Chapter 8

Alex Pov

"You can choose" Raya said.

What. Father never let's me choose anything. This is different. I don't like it.

I huffed and wrote down my address. She nodded and told her brother directions.

When we pulled up five minutes later the lights were on. Which is odd, usually they were off and only the TV screen light could be shown.

I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing.

I prepared myself.

Thank you for dropping me off

"No problem" Chat smiled.

As I walked down the path I felt their stares burning into the back off my neck. I can only pray they don't see anything.

As I walked into the house the smell of baking filled my nose. Baking?

As I tried to sneak into my room I heard dad's ruff voice.

"Where were you?!" He asked, his voice raised a bit. But he wasn't.. yelling? It was more of a concerned voice.

Is he sober?

"Hey go easy on her, she's just a teenager. Living her best life partying with her friends" a new person came from in the kitchen. As she said that she shook her shoulders in an attempt to dance.

Oh. He just has someone over. Of course he wouldn't actually be concerned.

Dad grunted and rolled his eyes.

"She doesn't have any" he whispered grumbling.

"Don't say that!" She told him off and she hit him on the back of the head.

I flinched, thinking he was gonna attack her but to my utter disbelief he didn't. He didn't even yell. Just walked away.

I was astonished.

About thirty minutes later I heard a knock on my bedroom door. Thinking it was dad I hid my phone under my pillow. He's coming to put me in my place.

When I saw the woman in my doorframe I relaxed a little.

"Hey kid, was wondering if you wanted some cookies? I made extras for you" the woman had a big smile on her face.

Did father send her up here to poison me.

"Oh and my name is Delilah be the way, im your dads girlfriend" she informed me.

What. The. Fuck.

The disbelief was evident in my face. I knew it.

"You know, he's a really awesome guy. You're lucky to have him"

Sadness filled me. He's tricking this woman. She seems so nice.. I really don't want him to hurt her the way does to me.

I grabbed my note pad and started writing.

Look, you seem lovely and all but I think you should leave him as fast as possible. He's not as great as he comes off.