Chapter 27

A l e x

My eyes slowly fluttered open, I was in an unfamiliar space, it was bright and colorless. It took me a minute to realize that this was the hospital. 

There were a bunch of machines and wires hooked up to me. 

I brought my hand to my head, feeling a horrible headache coming up. I tried to sit up but pain shot through my whole body.

"You're up" I heard Rayas comforting voice beside me. I looked at her and smiled. Thats when I started to remember everything that happened and why I was in here.

I know I shouldn't feel guilty, He hurt me, he hurt my friends. Hell, he was ready to sell me off to a bunch of randos.

"You okay?" Raya placed a hand on my shoulder gently. Thats when I remembered another thing.

She heard my voice.

For the first time... she had heard my voice. For the first time in years I had heard my own voice!.

"Yeah" I answered. I grimaced at the sound of my voice. It sounds weird.

It feels weird.

I watched as Rayas eyes widened and her pale skin turned red. 

"Uh I'm gonna tell The nurses your up.." The blonde awkwardly pointed toward the door and then made her exit.

Nodding, I watched her awkwardly scurry out of the room with her head low and a hand covering her face. 

Soon a doctor came in along with two nurses behind him. 

He asked me a couple questions and explained everything wrong. As he talked to me I noticed Rayas parents in the corridor, along with Chat and Raya. 

Nausea rushed over me as my eyes discovered all the bruises littering his skin and the bandages wrapped around his head.

"Miss, are you alright?" Dr Ryan spoke, gently laying his hand on my arm, which I quickly pushed him off.

I just smiled and nodded. The guilty feeling of knowing it was my fault that had happened to Chat was unbearable.

"Ma'am are you sur-"

"Yes!" I interrupted, Voice cracking. I tried to move but pain shot through my entire body, the pain spread through my whole body, It felt as if I had been struck by lightning. 

Groaning and grabbing my ribs I fell back onto the bed. I saw Raya who looked worried and tried to come in, but was stopped by the nurses.

The doctor had told the nurses something but I had been in to much pain to hear what the man had said.

Everyone was now surrounding me and I felt myself panic more. The head doctor tried to place his hand on me but I slapped him away. I cried, not able to find my voice. The mixture of the bright lights, the amount of people, the touch, it was all just too much.

"Miss please calm down" He said, reaching his hand out again. Can he not get the hint??

I then pushed him, hard. The nurses grabbed me but were stopped by a man. 

"What's wrong with you all? Aren't you doctors? You should understand she just went through something traumatic and obviously wouldn't want to be touched in any way by strangers" I looked up to see Rayas dad angerly scold the two nurses.

"But sir-" The one with darker skin tried to argue but was interrupted. "No! You can check on her without triggering her" He practically yelled. 

They pressed on but the doctor stopped them "its alright, I think we should all just cool off." Soon they all left, Rayas dad turned to me before exiting and smiled.

Idk how to finish it soooooo😭👍