Chapter 29

A l e x

I watched Raya as she quickly chucked on a shirt and tied her shoes. She gave me her famous grin that had grown to be one of my favorite things about her. 

"See something you like?" She flirted. I felt my face heat up. 

She giggled, grabbing my hand and dragging me out of her room and into Chats. 

"Done already?" He teased. 

I want to disappear.

"oh go suck one" Raya said. Chat just laughed. "What do you want?" he asked. 

"Give me the keys to your truck" She demanded, holding her hand out. 

"Ha haaa no" The blond boy said sarcastically.

"Why not?!" Raya whined.

"Number one, I don't want you making children in the back, Number 2, you don't even have a license" He stated. 

"Oh my godddd we both know damn well I'm a better driver than you anyway"

"Fine, But if I find so much as one scratch on my baby I will come for you" Chat warned, chucking the keys in my direction. 

"Thank youuu I love youu" Raya smiled. 

"Ew" 

Before we walked out the door Raya made sure to grab her laptop and some blankets. 

After helping me up into the truck and putting the crutches in the back she made her way to the drivers seat.

I thought that it was ridiculous that the Docters had given me them, I could walk totally fine.

"What song?" Raya asked, passing me the cord that was attached to her phone. I scrolled through her playlists till I found a song that I hadn't heard in forever. 

(Wild one-Zach Bryan)

"OH I love this song" Raya said, slowly swaying her head to the soft guitar. I smiled.

I remember my mother would sing this to me and my brother before we went to bed, we would argue about who's bed our mom would sit in, and to stop the sibling banter we would all try squeeze in the tiny single bed. 

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You hungry?"

I nodded. 

"Maccas?" 

I nodded again.

 Soon we arrived and I ordered a fish burger but Raya ordered a bigmac.  "Order 420!!" a worker yelled out, Causing me and Rayas neck to turn. "I'll get it" she smiled "You can go wait in the truck if you want" she told me, handing over the keys. I nodded and exited the the fast food place, making my way to the truck and unlocking it.

I was sat in the passenger seat, alone with my thoughts. 

I started to think about how lucky I am to have Raya, I don't know what I do without her. I'm not worthy of her.

I see her walking towards me smiling with the food in her hand. she opened the door and greeted me "heyy" she said putting the bag of food in her lap. "Would you wanna eat in a car park?" The blonde asked, I once again, nodded. 

I admired the gorgeous blonde as she started to drive to find a random abandoned car park. My eyes drifted to her hands, which had multiple different rings on them. 

"Here?" She asked, pulling into a random lot, It was next to a random rugby field. "Yeah" I simply said. I knew that Raya got really happy when I talked, every time I did I could see her fighting off a wide smile every time. 

"Lets sit on the curb?" I suggested.

"Yeah of course" Raya agreed. 

We were sat on the curb, the food by our feet. The cold breeze sent shivers throughout my whole body. The two of us sat in a comfortable silence, slowly making our way through our dinner.

"How'd you get that scar?" Alex reached out and stroked along the other girls jaw.

Raya brought her attention to Alex. 

She seemed to chuckle and shook her head a bit. 

"When me and Chat were about 11 we had lived out on a farm, and we had been playing tag near a heavy stream, and as I was running the dirt had fallen from beneath me, causing me to fall in and scrape my jaw"

"Definitely not my finest moment, Chat has always been terrified of blood and was screaming at the sight" Raya laughed more.

Guilt spread through me a bit. Why would he still fight my dad if he was scared of blood. All of those times he helped and there was blood involved..

"I've got an idea" Raya hopped up, helping me up in the process. 

Cutting it off here because I need to post😭🙏

Writers block is REALLLLL.

751 words