Chapter 28

R a y a

It's been two weeks since the incident and today was the day Alex would be released from the hospital, to say I was excited was an understatement.  

I sat in the back by myself while Chat and dad were in the front, mum wasn't able to come because of work, me and were talking about something when Chat suddenly squealed. 

"EVERYONE SHUT YOUR TRAPS THIS IS MY SONG" he screamed, turning up the music.

"I KNOW THAT IT HURTS SOMETIMES BUT ITS BEAUTIFUL" 

"WORKING EVERYDAY, NOW YOU'RE BLEEDING THROUGH YOUR CUTICLES"

I rolled my eyes at his antics then realized we had arrived. The second we were parked I was out the door and ran toward the building. 

"GO GET YOUR WIFE QUEENY" Chat yelled and I flipped him off. I know that I've visited her almost every day since she wound up here but it's just different knowing she gets to come home. 

Flinging the doors open my eyes scanned the room, it took me a second but eventually spotted the raven-haired girl, she looked pretty.

I smiled wide and so did she would she noticed me. I speed-walked toward the stunning girl and hugged her tight.

"ow ow ow" she said quietly. 

"Ah sorry, just happy you finally get to come home!" 

She's been slowly making an effort to talk which made me full with pride, it was only a couple small sentences or sometimes just singular words, but it was still progress. 

Dad and Chat eventually made their way towards us and the doctors made dad sign a couple forms for Alex's release and told us she would have to walk around in crutches for 2 more weeks before the four of us could leave.

Once we were out of the hospital I helped Alex into the car we went straight home and into my room. 

The both of us were laying on our backs on my bed as we stared up at the ceiling.

"I'm so glad your back, Chats been annoying the shit outta me" I said rolling on my side, Alex laughed and did the same as me.

I reached my hand out and tucked a stray strand of hair that was covering her face. "How are you feeling?" I asked her softly.

Alex pondered for a bit, "Physically? horrible" She said. I nodded, "And Mentally?" 

She sighed rolling over so she was on her back again. "I don't know? I feel relieved, but also feel like I betrayed him you know?"

I nodded and carefully pulled her closer, resting my chin on her shoulder. She looked down at me and chuckled a bit.

"What?" I questioned.

"I remember before everything happened me and my older brother would steal our parents money then sneak out to the closet dairy and buy as many lollys as we could and then stuff our little faces, to the point we were on the brink of throwing up. Mom would always try ground us but dad always snuck us stuff" Alex smiled at the core memory.

I was a bit shocked. 

"You have a brother?" I asked, to which she frowned a bit. "Yeah, I did" 

Oh.

"I'm sorry, If you don't mind me asking, what happened to him? And what about your mother? You never talked about her" I obviously didn't want to push her to tell me but I was curious.