|| Chapter 6 ||

"Go to the hardware store, get the list. Get the whole list!" Cade said to Lucas, handing him a paper as Lucas looked back at him.

"What, you're gonna try to fix him? He's not a model train set, Cade." Lucas said.

"No, that's right. He's important." Cade explained.

"Yeah, but important to who? You can't keep an alien locked up in your barn! What are you gonna do, play with him?" Lucas asked.

"Will you calm down?" Cade said.

"I'm trying to, but I just got hit in the head with a ten-foot cannon! If he eats you, I get the GTO." Lucas told him, getting into his car with the license plate 'TJA-0428'.

"Not a word to anybody. Do you hear me? Not a single word. Nobody." Cade demanded sternly, leaning down.

\/ Scene Swap \/

"Took a hell of a hit, you know. The missile just missed your power source." Cade said, hammering something down as Optimus crouched.

Optimus looked down at his spark, a servo over it.

"We call it a spark. It contains our life force and our memories." Optimus explained.

"Well, we call it a soul." Cade said.

"Y/n... I do hope they are alright." Optimus deadpanned, narrowing his optics as he looked up at Cade, a servo still over his spark.

"Who?" Cade asked, tilting his head.

"Y/n, my significant other. My loved one. You humans, have that too." Optimus said, picking something out of his metal.

"Oh, so you've got a boyfriend/girlfriend?" Cade asked, raising both his eyebrows in surprise.

Optimus didn't answer that, seemingly focused on getting something out of his metal.

Once he got it out, he tossed it and looked back up at Cade.

"Cade. Why are you willing to help me?" Optimus asked.

"I guess maybe it's because you trust me to." Cade shrugged, staring up a blowtorch to weld something onto the guy.

Lucas seemed to enter the barn with his stuff, sighing.

\/ Small Time Skip \/

Tessa looked up when she saw a couple black vans pull onto the property, the chimes making quite a lot of noise, indicating there was wide nearby.

She got up and immediately shouted.

"Dad!" Tessa exclaimed.

Cade and Lucas came running out to go towards her, the vans and helicopter coming into view for them as they surrounded Cade and the property.

Men stepped out of the van, obvious government officials as someone walked towards Cade.

"Mr. Yeager, my names James Savoy, I'm a federal agent, my men and I are trying to track down an abandoned truck." James said, nodding to Cade.

A few of the agents looked around, walking past Tessa and Lucas.

"It's a nice spread you got here. Too bad she's for sale." James deadpanned with a grin.

"Well, thanks. She's not." Cade said, walking closer. "That the truck you mean?" Cade asked, pointing to his own vehicle.

"Afraid not. You know, Mr. Yeager, we received a call from someone concerned about this truck. That wasn't you?" James questioned.

"Oh, no." Lucas muttered, looking.

"Only thing I'm concerned about is you being on my property without permission." Cade informed him. "You know, we got a rule about people messing with people from Texas, and I don't know what truck you're talking about."

James snapped.

"The kind that cost Americans lives. Search the property!"

"What do you mean 'search the property'? You don't have a warrant." Cade pointed it out.

"My face is my warrant." James deadpanned.

Lucas began to back up with his arms raised, looking around rapidly.

This was bad.

"Wait- But if you guys do find a truck, we get a reward, right?" Lucas asked.

They walked around the place, searching the area quickly before a car pulled into the driveway. 

"Place is empty." One of the agents said.

The agents began to walk out.

"Sir, we have a live armed missile in the trash." One of the agents shouted.

"Live? I carried that to the trash! You told me that was a dud, dude! I could be dead, right?" Lucas blurted out, looking around.

"Look- okay, yes, I found a truck, alright. I towed it back for the parts! I left it here last night. This morning, it's gone. When? Where? I don't know! That's as much as I know about him." Cade said, beginning to walk away.

Mr. savoy touched his ear piece, before turning.

"Mr. Yeager, excuse me. You just said, 'him'. Take them down." James said.

"What?" Cade asked.

They began to get grabbed and dragged, practically manhandled as Tessa yelled for them to get their hands off her.

"They don't know about the truck! I know! Just let her go!" Cade exclaimed.

"What kind of a man betrays his flesh-and-blood brethren for alien metal? Get this guy out of my sight." James said.

"Let her go! They don't know about the truck!" Cade yelled.

"Alright, load up! Search the perimeter!" James ordered.

"Lucas, you called, didn't you?!" Tessa questioned him.

"No! I don't know any of these scary guys!" Lucas defended himself, looking around with his hands raised.

"Oh, god! You're manhandling a woman! I'll kick your ass!" Tessa shouted, pushing the man who was holding hers face away.

"Let her go!" Cade yelled, trying to run to Tessa but getting tripped on the way.

It was hectic.

After a couple moments of screaming, James seemed to turn, nodding to the man holding Tessa before he had thrown Tessa onto the wagon, getting thrown.

James grabbed his gun and put it up to Cade's head.

"Now, you've got ten seconds. Where's the truck?" James asked.

Tessa got a gun out to her head, her crying out.

"Please don't shoot me!- please!" Tessa begged.

"Look- I don't know! I told you everything that's I know! He's gone! He left- he was in the barn, I swear to god! Just let her go!" Cade yelled.

"Please, please-"

"He was in there! Let her go!" Cade shouted.

"Seven seconds." James said.

"I'm telling you the truth! He was in there!" Cade yelled.

"Dad!" Tessa cried out.

"Tell him to get away from my little girl! Now!" Cade demanded, hands behind his back as he struggled to move.

James shot the ground.

"Shoot her." James ordered.

Yells and explosions could be heard from inside the barn, before it got destroyed, Optimus coming out and beginning to shoot the humans.

"Cade! They're going to kill you! Get out of here!" Optimus yelled.

Lucas, Cade and Tessa began running as Optimus got blown back, a car being spotted from the distance driving upwards and hitting the men.

A racing car.

"Come on! Hurry up! Get in the car!"