|| Chapter 24 ||

You and Cade were currently running to help Optimus, who was fighting lockdown at the moment, the two of You being the only humans nearby at the moment.

At least you thought.

You and Cade got onto a platform nearby, watching as Lockdown and Optimus were fighting each other.

Cade dropped his weapon in surprise when a gunshot was heard.

You spotted a man.

Harold Attinger, the other man who had helped Joshua in obtaining Transformium, and the man who hired lockdown.

He held a gun to you and Cade, firing a warning shot.

"You see, it takes patience to make a man. The patience to watch and wait, to protect all of us, quietly, for god and country, without any recognition at all!" Harold yelled.

You heard Optimus and lockdown continuing their small little fight, you and Cade still being unable to turn your heads.

"Y/n!" Optimus yelled, completely disregarding Cade entirely.

"There are no good aliens! Or bad aliens, Yeager and Witwicky. It's just us and them." Harold shouted. "And you two chose them."

Optimus seemed to immediately blast Harold, putting a hole through his heart.

"Anytime." Cade breathed out, looking at the now dead man.

"See you in hell, asshole." You said, looking down at the bloodied up person who had just been killed by Optimus Prime.

Lockdown went back to fighting with Optimus, you looking over and spotting Optimus' sword going straight through him, near his spark chamber as Lockdown kneeled down near him.

"You saved the human instead of saving yourself? You bring Shame upon us all." Lockdown told Optimus, narrowing his optics.

You and Cade immediately began to shoot at lockdown, his attention drawn to you and him before blasting a hole in the brick wall you and him were behind.

The both of you immediately went back up and continued hitting lockdown, blasting a couple parts off of him.

Once you turned your head when you ducked for cover, you saw Bee in his alt mode, Tessa and Shane running out.

"She never listens. Never." Cade said.

"I can tell." You responded, turning back around to begin to shoot at lockdown again.

BumbleBee seemed to transform into root mode, sliding past Optimus and kicking Lockdown in the face, sending him back.

"I gave you an order!" Optimus told BumbleBee.

Bee ignored this.

Cade and you stepped out, firing at lockdown as Bee did the same thing, lockdown going through a couple things.

"Get Out Of here, now!" Cade yelled at Tessa.

You and Cade continued moving closer to lockdown, lockdown looking over and narrowing his optics at the two of you.

"Cade, Y/n, get out of here! This is my fight!" Optimus shouted, attempting to get the sword out of his chest.

Lockdown threw BumbleBee onto the ground, you and Cade taking cover behind a couple bricks.

"It's my fight, and you're all gonna die!" Lockdown said, before firing at you and Cade.

The both of you rolled into a different area, shooting at lockdown once again as he got sent back by a little, his attention on you and Cade.

Lockdown kicked dirt onto the both of you, you taking cover as Cade crawled back and looked away to avoid getting dirt in his eyes.

Lockdown appeared to get tripped by Shane in a truck, Cade and you sliding away a little as Lockdown immediately destroyed a couple things that blocked you and him from Himself.

You and Cade immediately got up, beginning to fire at Lockdown once again as he plunged his weapon into the ground, attempting to stab you and Cade.

Tessa seemed to be grabbing the cable and dragging it towards Optimus and his sword, prepared to pull it out of him.

Lockdown tried to slice you and Cade, the both of you going on the ground.

Lockdown tried to blast Cade but you immediately shot his arm, pulling it away as lockdown then attempted to crush both you and Cade in his claw weapon, Cade blocking it for you.

"You see my face, your life is done!" Lockdown yelled, holding his weapon up to the both of you.

Optimus' sword got plunged through lockdown's spark by Optimus himself, meaning Tessa managed to get the sword out of him.

Lockdown seemed to puke a dull green liquid, Optimus then driving the sword up his body, splitting his chest, neck and head into two.

Optimus looked at lockdown, Cade, the ground around him and then you, optics dilating a little upon seeing you.

"Honour to the end." Optimus said, nodding to you and Cade.

A few moments later, an explosion could be seen and heard.

The prototypes.

You immediately got to Optimus, as Cade, Tessa and Shane followed you, cade grabbing onto Tessa quickly.

"Quickly. I'm setting off Lockdown's grenade. Hold tight!" Optimus said, kneeling down to wrap his arm and hand around you, Cade, Shane and Tessa.

He immediately propelled into the air, the several prototypes being blown up as Optimus exited the area at high speeds.