|| Chapter 9 ||

The three humans were sat inside of Optimus' alt mode, heading to meet up with the other Autobots and Y/n

"Calling all Autobots, calling all Autobots." Optimus Prime said Over the radio as he continued to drive, his evasion mode rattling.

It wasn't the best thing to be travelling around in.

He needed an upgrade.

A passing truck came by, and Optimus immediately registered it for a new alt mode instead of his current one, the interior and exterior beginning to transform.

"Woah! Oh, my god!" Shane shouted in surprise.

Optimus was now a blue and red 2014 Western Star 5700 XE semi-trailer truck with flame decals.

A big change from his last alt mode.

Optimus kept driving trough the open land on the road.

"That was insane! It was awesome, but it was insane, right?" Shane said to Tessa and Cade, who simply looked back at him.

Optimus continued driving, distant gunshots and shouts being heard, mainly ones of happiness as Optimus stopped, a green Cybertronian stopping near him.

"Yeah! Mr. leader of the free galaxy is back. I knew you'd make it. I never doubted." The green mech said, grinning.

This Autobot went by 'Crosshairs'.

A blue Cybertronian with a samurai-like look landed beside him, hitting Crosshairs in the chest playfully as he stood.

"We got your warning. We've been waiting." He said, this mech was called 'Drift'.

"Hell yeah. Boom time. We got the gang back together." A darker green and much more... larger, mech said.

'Hound', his name was 'Hound'.

In the distance, a Modified 1967 Chevrolet Camero could be seen, someone stepping out of it before it began to transform into what seemed to be a yellow Cybertronian.

Bumblebee and Y/n.

BumbleBee walked up the hill with Y/n, looking down at them happily before looking back up, spotting Optimus beginning to transform once Cade, Shane and Tessa stepped out.

Optimus looked rather different, being much less bulky.

"Humans have asked us to play by their rules. Well, the rules have just changed." Optimus said, nodding to his Autobots, giving Y/n a prolonged look.

"Human beings, bunch of backstabbin' Weasels." Hound said, walking past drift.

"Hound, find your inner compass. Loyalty is but a flower in the winds of fear and temptation." Drift stated, looking to the mech.

It was some sort of haiku.

"What the hell are you saying?" Hound asked.

"It's a haiku."

"Cut the crap, before I drop a grenade down your throat." Hound threatened him, drift pulling out both his swords to the mech.

"Try it, you'll be dead." Drift short back.

"Oh, please pull it. Please do it." Hound deadpanned. 

"You know what, it'll save us so much time." Bee said through the radio, shrugging and rolling his optics.

"Do you even get the concept of 'time'?" You asked, putting weight on one leg as you crossed your arms, earning a nudge from Bee and a snicker from Hound.

"Well, raise your hand if you're thoroughly disenchanted with our pleasant little earth vacation." Crosshairs said, walking forward.

Crosshairs walked forward a little and pulled out his gun on Shane, Cade and Tessa.

"So, whose the stowaways?" Crosshairs asked, staring down at them.

"Oh, woah, hey, what's with the gun?" Cade questioned, raising his hands as he stepped back.

Hound rolled over with one of his many weapons, Optimus stepping forward.

"Stop. Hound, both of you. They've risked their lives for mine. If you're able to trust Y/n, then it should not trouble you with these three humans. We owe them." Optimus said.

\/ Time Skip \/

It was now dark out, you were sat beside Crosshairs while Optimus was looking through everyone.

"So, there's been no sign of the others?" Optimus asked.

"Nada." Hound replied.

"We are all that's left." Drift said.

"They're picking us off, one by one." Crosshairs added.

"We're the pathetic, dirty foursome. And you make five." Hound said, adjusting his cap and his weapons a little.

"Why is that the first thing you think of?" You asked, shooting hound a weird look.

"Don't ask." Hound said, looking down at you.

Tessa and Shane were sat down beside each other, a fire in front of them while Shane was sat on something different entirely.

"So that's our best-case scenario? Autobot witness protection?" Shane asked, looking around a little bit.

"Hey, speed racer, you're welcome to leave anytime." Cade deadpanned, shaking his head.

Well, for the record, super dad, I'm not hiding with you. I'm hiding out with that big guy." Shane said, pointing to Optimus who was knelt down beside you.

"If all three of you are gonna fight the whole time, I suggest hanging out with Drift. He might humble you with a string of haikus, If you're lucky." You said, grinning as you leaned back.

Optimus looked down at you, blinking his optics a little before lifting a servo to pat your head, humming softly before standing up.

"Sensei, with your fate unknown, Bumblebee has held command. Despite his complete and total lack of anything resembling warrior discipline. He's like a child." Drift said, waving his sword around at Bee who gave him an annoyed buzz and look.

"This child is about to kick your ass." Bee said, getting up as Drift watched him.

"Woah, there, dog fight." You commented, Crosshairs looking over.

"Finally! Somethin' Entertaining!" Crosshairs said, clapping a little.

"Cage fight." Hound added.

"He brings us shame." Drift sighed before blocking a kick from BumbleBee.

Shane, Cade and Tessa immediately began to run as Drift and Bee began to fight each other, certainly not to the death, but definitely a few scratches to the paint.

"Smartass." Drift sighed, picking up his sword.

"What's the matter with them?" Tessa asked, whispering to her father.

Bee rolled over a little as Drift put the sword to his head, leaning down.

"Am I the lone sage who sees through this puppy-dog eyes act? It's  beneath you." Drift said, dragging the sword along Bee's metal.

"Yes, I've been waiting for them all to dispatch each other, so I could take charge with no trouble at all." Crosshairs said, putting his hand so together and grinning. "Just me reporting to me."

"I'd love to watch that." You hummed.

"Well, sure looks like you've been missed." Cade said, turning to Optimus.

"Autobots, Lockdown is hunting us. And humans are helping. We need to know why." Optimus said, stepping forward.

"Well, listen, I don't know why, but I have an idea about who." Cade deadpanned.

"Let's hear it." You said.