|| Chapter 22 ||

The Autobots had regrouped with a new ally, being the Dinobots, which was most likely going to turn this battle around.

Stinger jumped after BumbleBee and attached to his leg, Strafe carrying both of those mechs away as you and Cade watched.

Cade nodded at you with a grin, before the both of you continued shooting with relative ease, the rest of the group inside.

You watched Bee Rip Stinger's head off, and throw it into one of Strafe's two head, his mask still over his face.

"I hate cheap knock-offs." He said through the radio, before you took your eyes off him to continue shooting.

Well-deserved for Stinger.

You got up with Cade as Joshua, Tessa, Darcy and Shane followed, beginning to walk towards Optimus and a T-Rex formed Dinobot.

Grimlock.

"Awesome job!" Joshua congratulated Optimus.

"You." Optimus said.

"Who?" Joshua asked.

"You, dumbass." You rolled your eyes, pushing Joshua in front of you as Optimus kept his new sword pointed at him.

"Step forward." Optimus told him.

"Wait- Why?" Joshua questioned.

"Your science will be responsible for humanity's extinction." Optimus deadpanned, narrowing his optics. 

"Alright. I know that you're sensitive to this whole bioethical dilemma-" Joshua stuttered, his hands shaking a little.

"Maybe all he wants to hear you say is that some things should never be invented." Cade told Joshua, deadpan tone.

Grimlock's head went closer to Joshua, roaring loudly at him.

"Ahhh!" Joshua yelled, his scream sounding like a woman's as he stepped back. 

Grimlock took his head away, puffing out steam from his nostrils.

"Okay." Joshua whispered.

"We'll lead you out of the city. Get that seed safely to the hills." Optimus said, beginning to head off with Grimlock.

You turned around and began to run a little to Drift who was gesturing to a car that the group could transport the seed in.

"Use this car." Drift said.

"He almost ate me!" Joshua yelled, dragging the seed in its protective casing.

"Alright, we're good!" Cade shouted, getting into the car.

You waved for Darcy to get in the car and Joshua, waiting to get into the car yourself as Shane walked to the drivers seat.

"Get Out Of that seat." Shane told Cade, hand on the wheel.

Cade looked to him.

"And you're one lucky dad to have me." Shane told him, Cade nodding slightly as he kept his eyes opened.

"Okay, Lucky Charms. You got that. You drive. Let's go." Cade said, before he moved to the passenger seat, Tessa going into the back seat as you squeezed in beside her.

Shane got into the drivers seat, beginning to drive outside the city, Optimus in front, hound at back while Grimlock followed.

You heard small yells and when you looked over you saw the seed and Cade looking back at it, what'd Joshua do now?

"What did you do?" Cade asked.

"I don't know. I don't know, but it's an issue." Joshua said.

"Did you press a button?" Cade questioned.

"Is it gonna blow up?" Darcy asked.

"I don't know." Joshua informed the group.

"The thing is beeping now, so you must have hit something!" Cade shouted, looking at the seed and back up at Joshua.

You sighed, putting a hand on your head as you shifted a little to try and create space for yourself and move away from Tessa.

"Is it gonna blow up?" Darcy questioned.

"I don't know!" Joshua yelled, turning to Darcy.

"A bomb starts beeping, that might signal a problem, you think?" Cade asked, still looking back at Joshua.

"I'm just saying that it's a steady blinking light, which could be a timer of some kind." Joshua said, before pausing for a few moments. "... unless it's signalling location."

"To who?" Cade asked.

"Can I shoot him?" You broke your silence.

|| Scene Swap ||

You were still in the car, near all four Dinobots, being Scorn, a Spinosaurus. Slug, a Triceratops. Strafe, a two-headed Pterodactyl and Grimlock, a T-Rex.

In front of the car was Optimus in his alt mode, BumbleBee in his alt mode. Behind the car was Drift in his alt mode and Hound in his alt mode.

Crosshairs was riding on Strafe.

"There's the bridge." Tessa said.

You and Cade looked outside, everyone's gaze following as several things seemed to drop out of the sky, mainly being metallic things such as vehicles.

Shane swerved and stopped, a propeller going over the car.

"Back it up! Back it up!" Joshua yelled, obviously panicked.

Water began to splash onto the car as Shane began to reverse, Optimus and bumblebee returning root mode as Shane did so.

"Shane, watch out!" Tessa shouted.

You looked out and saw Bee returning to alt mode quickly again, Optimus still running within root mode.

"Get cover!" Optimus yelled.

Optimus followed before the Autobots were encased by large splashes and waves of water, Optimus looking around.

"Autobots! Fall back!" Optimus ordered.

"Come on, move! Out of my way!" Shane shouted, looking back to see him almost driving into a couple people as you looked back to.

"Get Out Of The way!" Joshua shouted.

"Things aren't looking too good!" You said, looking forward seeing more water going onto the bridge and deck.

"Just hit them! Just hit them!" Joshua told shane, waving his hand for more expression into what he had said.

You looked back and saw that the Dinobots appeared to be getting dragged upwards, along with things in the water.

"It's a big magnet!" Joshua said.

"It's sucking up metal and dropping it!" Cade informed the group.

Shane kept reversing, the seed in the car as Tessa beckoned him to pick up the pace a little, Shane still looking back to not run into anything.

"It's coming closer!" You told shane, looking to Lockdown's ship that was getting closer at a fast pace.

"Watch out, watch out!" Cade shouted, Shane swerving a little to avoid being hit by a falling car from the ship.

"Oh, no, now it's circling back towards us! Hard right! Take a hard right!" Cade told shane, watching Lockdown's ship.

Shane did as asked and backed up into a building, Tessa screaming at this point as you and the group attempted to Evade the magnet.

Several knives on the car began to float.

The magnet.

"Oh, no. No, the magnet! Get out, get out!" Cade said, opening the door quickly as everyone did the same. "Come on! Come here! Get out!"