|| Chapter 16 ||

You and the three had made it to the middle of the cables, Tessa being behind with you in front now, trying to get off.

"Careful, these cables get thinner here!" Shane exclaimed.

"Step. Step. There." Cade said, trying to reassure Tessa. "See, don't look down! All right? Don't look down. We're gonna be at the building in no time!"

"Bad estimation, Cade!" You told him.

"You okay, Tess?" Shane asked.

"Keep stepping." Cade deadpanned.

Tessa shouted when she almost fell, hanging off the cable as you watched her, seeing Cade and Shane look back.

"Oh, my god! Oh, my god, dad! Oh!" Tessa shouted, breathing rather heavily now as she stabilized herself again.

"Alright, sweetie. You need to keep moving here, okay? Come on!" Cade said.

"I can't!" Tessa breathed out. "I'm freaking out!"

"You need to move, now!" Cade yelled at her.

Oh lord.

"I'm not moving! I'm going back to the ship!" Tessa said, beginning to back up on the bottom of the cables.

"Tessa, come on, it's not hard!" You sighed.

Were you really going to let her cost you your life?

"You can't go back to the ship, honey!" Cade told her.

"Watch me!" Tessa replied, looking down.

"You are not 18 years old yet, you do as I say! Now lets go!" Cade shouted at her, you rolling your eyes as you kept moving on the cables carefully.

The hyena-like robots seemed to find the four of you on the cables, eyeing you guys as Shane went closer to Tessa.

"You need to go this way, okay. Not that way. Talk to her, Romeo! Now!" Cade said, pointing to Shane and her, looking back at you to see where you were for a split second.

"Come on, for god's Sake." Shane sighed.

"Do not start with me." Tessa said sternly.

The robots walked onto the cables, snarling and growling at the four of you as they began to walk towards you guys.

"Oh my god, what is that?!" Tessa questioned.

"Alright, Tessa. Don't look back." Cade told her.

"Now isn't the time!" You said to the three of them."

"Well, don't say that to me. Now I want to turn around." Tessa said, turning her head slightly as her hair blew in the wind.

"It's nothing major, sweetie." Cade said, attempting to reassure her.

"Well, that means it's totally major!" Tessa exclaimed.

"I'm gonna have to point this gun in your direction, and Y/n is gonna do it to you too. It's gonna feel like it's in your direction, but it's not." Cade said.

You raised the gun, squinting your eyes as you still kept an ear on the conversation.

"Better hurry." Shane said.

"Are you trying to kill me?" Tessa asked.

"I had to bust my ass to get up here on this spaceship!" Cade told her sternly.

"Shoot it!" Shane shouted.

"Get down now!" Cade yelled.

She did as asked with a yell, the robots running at the four of you as you and Cade began to blast at them, several falling off quickly.