|| Chapter 25 ||

The fight was over, and the prototypes had been destroyed successfully by Lockdown's grenade, and Optimus hadn't died..

Optimus stopped at a nearby peer, a bunch of people and ambulances surrounding the area.

He knelt down to set the four of you onto the ground before standing up, sword still in his hands as Tessa immediately went to hug Cade.

"Kind of nice being your hero for a change." Cade said, rubbing her back, tears falling from both their faces.

The sun was setting.

"You always were. All my life." Tessa told him, hugging him tighter.

"I love you." Cade said.

"I love you, too." Tessa replied.

This was quite the happy ending.

"Let's go home to graduation, huh?" Cade asked Tessa, letting go of her as a smile appeared on his face.

"Yeah." Tessa nodded, Cade looking to Shane.

"You're okay, kid. Come here, you're alright, you're alright." Cade said, bringing Shane in and hugging both Tessa and him.

Optimus knelt down and got on one knee beside you, you shifting closer as his sword was behind you.

"I love you, Y/n. I feel as though I do not say that often." Optimus said, looking to you as he blinked a little.

"Nah. You're good. Love you too, Optimus." You hummed, looking up at him.

"Thank you." Optimus nodded, lowering his head so that he could kiss you on the lips gently, you kissing back.

Optimus pulled away, sending you a soft smile, pulling you a little closer with one servo.

"Mmm." Optimus hummed in satisfaction from the kiss, his smile still on his face, optics dilating.

His head raised, looking to Joshua Joyce, Shane Dyson, Cade Yeager and Tessa Yeager.

"We don't have a home, dad. It blew up." Tessa told Cade.

"I might be able to help you with that." Joshua said, Cade pulling him into a hug.

You looked up to optimus, who was looking at Bee in his alt mode drive in, the dinobots in root mode and the rest of the Autobots being Hound, Crosshairs and drift.

"I guess I go back with the Autobots now?" You asked, a grin on your face.

"That is your home, Y/n. Yes. Yes, you will." Optimus said, before you stepped away to give Cade a side-hug, Optimus getting back to his feet.

"Brave warriors, you are free!" Optimus told the Dinobots.

They all raised their weapons before transforming into alt mode, the Autobots looking in their direction.

"I'll ride with you anytime, spike!" Crosshairs said, pointing to scorn.

Bee drifted as he transformed into root mode, sliding into place as you and the Autobots watched the Dinobots run into the woods together, Grimlock roaring.

"This seed belongs to our creators, whoever they are." Optimus said, nodding to the rest of the Autobots.

You crossed your arms, stepping back towards Cade as the two of you looked up at the autobot leader.

"There remains a price on my head. I endanger you all if I stay." Optimus said, before dragging the floating Seed towards his hand. "I shall take it where it can never be found."

"Will we ever see you again?" Cade asked.

"Cade Yeager, I do not know." Optimus responded. "But whenever you look to the stars, think of one of them as my soul."

Optimus turned back around, looking to Bee, Hound, Crosshairs and Drift.

"Defend this family, Autobots. As they have you. Defend, all they can be." Optimus said, before looking to you, a soft smile appearing on his face as he nodded.

You nodded right back, Optimus kneeling down and propelling himself straight off into space, the four final Autobots looking Down at you, Cade, Shane and Tessa.

Cade looked to you once Optimus left, Tessa and Shane doing the same.

"Y/n, are you.. alright?" Tessa asked.

"Me? Alright? Never been better! It's not like we divorced." You rolled your eyes, looking back to the three humans.

"That's... one way to look at it." Shane said, nodding and pursing his lips.

"Save it, Leprechaun. Now that he's gone, I can finally resume night patrols with Drift and Crosshairs without having him constantly examining me after." You said, beginning to walk away.

"And you don't have to worry about being told not to kill anyone or have to hide the fact you did." Cade said, doing that on purpose.

"You did what?" Drift said, Crosshairs, Bee and Hound looking to you.