yale admission

Eloise turned as Tristan let out a small smile from the door, his eyes red even from where she was. "I love you too, Tristan," she replied with a faint smile.

"I always knew you have, who wouldn't?" Tristan said sarcastically.

Eloise laughed and Tristan smiled at this and went inside. 

She stood there for a few minutes before starting her walk home, it was nothing more than 30 minutes, but all she was thinking about was Tristan.

He seemed so vulnerable, she thought. 

Tristan was not the type to break from his expressive character. He was surely a one-of-a-kind type of guy but he broke that shell at times. Eloise had never really seen Tristan almost cry, she never thought he could. Not one thought rested on the "I love you" he threw out for she deemed it unimportant because vulnerable people at times often clutch onto comfortable things, and Tristan's comfortable thing at that moment was Eloise. She opened the door, placed her shoes in the shoe cabinet, and looked at the light in the distance. She picked up an umbrella as a weapon and slowly walked towards the light that came from her kitchen. She peeked out to see her mom looking at the entrance, sitting on the counter, a wine glass in her hand. 

Eloise exhaled and laid the umbrella against the wall, and spat out, "Why are you here?"

"Well this is my house but besides that, I had to take a detour to remind you, the college fair is tomorrow. Go for the ivies first, give them a good impression of yourself-".

"I know what to do, I've done this type of thing without you before," Eloise said, starting for the stairs. 

She heard heels clank on the floor after her and her mother said, "I'm trying to be home more so we can talk about us."

"What about us?"

"Eloise..., we have a strained relationship, you're not blind, I know you can see that." 

Eloise turned back to look at the top of the stairs and replied, "No, I didn't notice a thing."

"Eloise, I'm going to try harder, I realize now that how I spoke to you before was improper and I apologize but-" 

"Hey, I'm pretty tired. I have a long day tomorrow, so I'm just going to worry about that," Eloise said finishing her walk up the stairs. 

"Eloise Irvine...", her mother said. 

Eloise turned herself around, her hands extended out annoyed.Her mother looked at her and she was about to say something but it was muffled by her taking a drink and looking down, and she walked away. 

Eloise walked to her room, gently closing the door behind her. It was late, and she needed to be in bed 3 hours ago so she looked good for the fair. Considering she had already had a long night and not many things to dwell on, she dozed off fairly well. 

Eloise woke up the next morning and threw on a cute cropped fitted long sleeve with baggy dark-washed jeans, the pockets having little rhinestones that form a cross. It was 7:15 at the time, and she started walking to school. Eloise sped walk to the school and the first place she went for was Yale, the representative was there, looking quite annoyed with his hand holding his face. She put on a big smile as she walked over to the booth and the guy immediately straightened up.

Eloise extended her hand and started with, "Good morning, I'm Eloise, and to be in the midst of such an elite school is such an honor." 

The dark-haired guy who looked to be 17 replied with a smirk and shaking her hand, "No, the honor is truly mine. Would Yale be your first choice?"

Eloise smiled at this question and replied, "Yes actually, I would like to keep Yale as my number one because of the extensive programs offered, of course."

"What kind of programs are you looking for, Ellie?"

Eloise smiled at the immediate nickname which meant she was already starting to form a connection, she rested her hands on the table and said, "Well, considering my skills favor more in math and science, I would like to pursue something with medicine, most likely anesthesiology after 4 years of studying nursing for undergraduate, of course. I'd want a better foundation and Yale, considering my father went here, seems just the place to pursue such."

He smiled and replied, "I'd have to say I'm pretty impressed with you, Ellie. You're priorities are straight and well thought through," he slid her a card, "I'd contact this admission advisor because you would be able to, with the way you speak, continue into studying college credited classes like anatomy and such. Also, my number is on there, in case, you know, you ever want to hang out."

Eloise smiled at the guy and replied back, "Oh my God, thank you so much. I'll call you to hang out sometime soon maybe." He smiled and she smiled back and walked away while hearing him finish with, "Whenever you're free, I'll free up my schedule." She walked near the Harvard table to see Gilmore standing and being handed a brochere. 

"Paris is not going to like this," Eloise laughed as she got closer and Paris followed behind her.