party, huh?

She slipped his hand off of herself and glanced at the clock.

5:01 AM. What Eloise failed to realize was that today there was no school anyways, so she just sat there on her chair, looking at her bed. She tilted her head to the side and turned her focus to look outside and see the sun rising. Tristan slowly opened his eyes as he looked over towards the windows to see her silhouette there. He smiled slightly and said, "So, what are you thinking about right now?"

Eloise jumped a bit but smiled when she saw him with a big, pearly smile on his face. Eloise shrugged and looked back outside and said, "Just about the sun and everything else."

Tristan laid himself back down, turning onto his side to still face her and he said, "Do you ever stop thinking, Eloise. Just letting yourself enjoy your moment. You think too much sometimes, and you always have this," he paused, and began to laugh as he continued, "constipated look on your face." Eloise turned around and laughing, threw one of her decorative pillows at him. He laughed like he never had before.

His laughter died down as his eyes shut and his body relaxed. Eloise smiled and pulled the cover over his shoulder before stepping towards the door.

She slowly walked down the stairs and looked at her reflection in the refrigerator door. She cleaned up around the place a bit, which went on until about 8.

Tristan started walking down the stairs.

"El, you know there's this party that they're going to hold down the street. It's Evan's, the one you don't like, but they said it was going to be cool, a lot of people from other schools are going."

Eloise cringed at the name and continued wiping down the island, saying, "So, what are you informing me of this for?"

"We should go," he said, resting his elbows on the table and flashing a cheeky smile at her.

"I have to study, I can't waste my time partying," Eloise said while getting ready to wash the leftover dishes from last night.

He walked over to the sink and pushed her over so he could wash them and Eloise walked towards the fridge where she put the cinnamon buns. She took them out and placed 5 in the microwave, and she put the packet of icing to the side. Tristan turned his head from the dishes to Eloise, "Eloise please, just do it for me, just for today," his voice slowly turning to a whimper, "Please." That final voice crack lit a fire in Eloise's soul and kept her face turned towards the microwave as she smirked. 

She let out a dull and almost forced, "Fine." 

Tristan cheered and let out a, "I'll make you have fun, don't even worry about that."

"Yeah, but I won't have fun, I'm just doing this to stop your irritating whimpering," she let her eyes visibly roll in front of him and opened the microwave right before it dinged. She placed it down and saw Tristan walk with a smile towards the plate. He pulled out one of the island chairs, and before Eloise could take her two, Tristan pulled the plate in his direction and patted the next seat beside him. He picked one up and said, "Yeah, yeah, but my 'whimpering' always makes you say yes." Eloise shot a stare at him of pure denial, but she knew it always did get him what he wanted. Tristan smiled at the look and took a bite into it, only needed one more bite to finish the bun in his hand. 

He furrowed his eyebrows and said, "Well, are you going to sit and eat or just stare at me like what I'm saying isn't true?" 

"Get over yourself," Eloise said as she grabbed two coasters and placed on in front of him and another in front of the island's chair beside Tristan. She grabbed two glasses from the cabinet beside her fridge, grabbed the orange juice from the fridge and laid them down on top of the coasters. She went over to sit down and grabbed a cinnamon bun. 

Tristan looked down towards her as she took a bite and smiled and then looked at the plate of the 3 remaining. 

"Want to split the 3rd? I don't need the whole thing if you're still going to be hungry," Tristan said. Eloise looked from her hands holding the bun to the plate and then to Tristan, who was already looking at her. "No, I'm fine, thank you though," Eloise replied with a smile before looking back at her food. 

Tristan looked back at the plate and halved the third one. Eloise looked on as he did that and said, "I told you, I didn't want it. You're the guest, you can have it."

"I've been here way too many times to be just "the guest" and I haven't seen you eat much, so half of a cinnamon bun won't hurt," Tristan said while staring at the second bun he was practically done with. 

Eloise shakes her head, "Well, I'm not taking it so you might as well eat it." 

"No," Tristan said, as he finished his half of the cinnamon bun. Eloise took her second cinnamon bun and started for the stairs. She started walking up and Tristan yelled, "Where are you going?" 

Eloise looked back and replied, "To study, if I must go to a party, I might as well get some homework done right now."

Tristan jumped from the chair and ran up the stairs, surpassing Eloise as she was taking her time. "So, what subject first? Are we feeling Math, Science, maybe some English?"

"I was going to start my research paper for science, I can proofread yours after you're done," Eloise said as she finished her cinnamon bun and sat at her desk. 

"Wait, there was a research project?" Tristan said, looking dumbfounded at the word research. 

"I don't know how you manage to look so perspicacious when you're in class, but you do a hell of a good job because all this time, I thought you were paying attention in class that day," Eloie said, as she pulled looseleaf out of her bag and a book on medical research out. 

Tristan grabbed her vanity stool, bringing it over to sit close to her and sit in her illuminating presence. From how close he was, he could feel her body heat slightly and he liked that. He stared at her face while she stared at the words on the page. 

"Eloise...," Tristan breathed out, a warm undertone in his breath. Eloise looked at him and saw his breath deepen, she exhaled at the same time as he did. She started looking at his lips and she found herself leaning in as did he. 

They were inches away, his lips could practically brush her lips if he let this final breath out, but before he could do anything, Berlin and Imogen burst into the room with Berlin's boyfriend, shortly behind them. Tristan jumped away and Eloise looked at Berlin with a startled stare. Imogen's focus was on the bed as she walked in but Berlin's was on the two, and she let a smile engulf her face.