Chapter 2

Author's POV

"So she disappeared into the ocean just like that... "

Ramya asked her...

Ragavi: Yes... She is already poisoned so she drowned herself in the sea...

She explained...

Ramya: Then what happened to the king...

Ragavi: Achachoo... I forgot that and woke up shouting for her to stop but she didn't listen to me.....

Just like the old Mohan movie where Amala died stuck in quicksand and he only gets to see her eyes...

Exactly like that, I can see her eyes when she was drowning... She was directly looking at me you know I was scared as well as felt sad for the king...

Ramya looked at her best friend with narrowed eyes.

Ramya: We all do get dreams which are more adventurous but when we wake up we forget most of them and their names also...

But for you ... Your dream is like HD print you can even remember where and all there were blood patches in her saree waah...

Please stop this and come out of your illusional world... We are here for a trip to gain some inspiration for your PhD which topic you are going to research...

Ragavi: I know it's a dream but it's not the first time.... I have had dreams about her for the past 1 year... All those times I get to see a glimpse of her and someone calling her name or her dancing with a group but today I saw her face fully and you won't believe she is Enchanting.

Ramya: Does she have a fair complexion or brown...

Ragavi: of course brown complexion ...this fair skin beauty Stereotypes didn't exist in India during those days... Even in our mythological book Mahabharatham The most beautiful woman of that yugam Dhroupathi has a dark complexion even Krishna is dark.... And this racist mindset came to us later on......

Ramya: Okay at least today you saw him??..

Ragavi: Who..

Ramya: The king of course...

Ragavi: I didn't.....but surely he would be more handsome...

I was thinking about taking their story as my PhD topic. What you say...

Ramya: whattttttttt...... Are you for real... It's a PhD, not a writer competition...for your kind information you are an archaeological student and we believe in proof and science not in a dream and imaginary story that pops into your mind......

Ragavi: I know it's a dream and unreal... What if it's real... What if I prove it with evidence....that would open a new page in our Indian history.

Ramya: I don't understand...
.

Ragavi: Hear it Ramya.. There are already a lot of politics and theories on Ram Sethu...

And we know by the script that Sethupathi's existed... But solid evidence we got is from the 11th century... At that period Ramsethu wasn't there, I mean nothing was written about that as they mentioned the Cholas used ships to reach Srilanka...

If we can prove Sethupathi's existed even before that at least before the common era... That is in BCE that would be a marvellous finding and that adds up more proof to the Ram Sethu theory.....

Even if it's not about Ramsethu we will get to know about another older empire of Sethupathi's....just like old Pandiya's.... There might be old Sethupathi's......

She said excited about the idea...

Ramya: But do you think is that even possible for god sake it's just your dream...
And already many marine excavations happened in the sea and nothing related to your theory has been found...

Ragavi: what if she is waiting for me to find it...

Ramya: Kavii... Leave it. You are exaggerating things and thinking...

Ragavi: what if I am not... And most of the actual history is revealed by normal stories told by the local people those stories get attention and force historians and archaeologists to dig deep into it and find the actual story and evidence...

Yeah, a story is an exaggerated version of actually what happened... Even the old poems and books we found which tell about kings and kingdoms are exaggerated versions and the inscriptions we found which were made by the kings themselves are also exaggerated versions....we archaeologists don't believe them solely we do try to find is something else can be found regarding the same period and about the king written by some other person and compare it to find the similarities and acceptable facts...

I don't know about you but I do believe about human capabilities higher power exists and that's what took me here.....

Like you said it might be just a dream but my intuition is making me believe it... Let's try... If I could find something that related to her or not...

Nothing wrong in trying right I can clearly remember where she disappeared... It's been thousands of years I might not get anything to but I would be at least satisfied that I tried right...

She said determined about her decision..... Ramya signed and nodded her head in agreement... Soon a small boat they arranged came and they got in... The boat moved towards the direction Ragavi showing.......

When the point was reached without any delay Ragavi jumped inside making Ramya panic and scream before the boatmen dived into the sea..... Ragavi came up... Even though she has having oxygen tank with her... Ramya was still frightened...

Ragavi: I know swimming well girl and I did my masters in marine archaeology so I learned deep sea diving for that... So don't worry... I will come up soon. Don't panic...

She assured Ramya and again went inside the water.... She was going deep into the water and trying to find anything helpful to her theory......

She was deep into the sea and she still didn't find anything special... Ragavi was dejected and was about to return when something shined and got her attention she swam towards that..... And her eyes widened its a salangai bead..... A single salangai bead...

She tried to touch the bead but it went deep into the sand... She again tried to get it but she couldn't...

She was more curious and dead set on capturing it...

She concentrated on that bead more and suddenly she held it finally....she saw that bead and smiled .... That's the last thing she remembered before fell unconscious.....
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

She tried to open her eyes when she heard someone calling her but not as Ragavi...

"Rathnama... Wake up kanne.... Today your husband is coming to take you to his palace as his Queen... You are still sleeping... Wake up...... Rathnamaaa....... "

Author's note.

Hello people...

How was the chapter....

Do let me know your thoughts....

Please do vote and comment...

Happy Reading📖📖📖📖

Thank you❤❤❤❤❤