Chapter 5

Ragavi's POV

"Emperor Ellalan Sethupathi's 3rd younger Sister Princess Ummaiyazh is married to King MaaraVarman who rules the southern province of Sethupathi kingdom called Vaarmanadu...she was the Emperor's favourite sister so he married off her to his best friend... "

"There was a heavy drought in our kingdom and had financial crises too....that time Queen Umaiyal was pregnant.... The day she gave birth to a girl and the very same day when soldiers dug for the well they didn't find water instead gems mine... That evening there was heavy rain.....the merchant ships which all thought were missing reached the port.....whole kingdom cherished that day and all believed it was the child's fortune..... "

"King MaaraVarman named his firstborn RathnamaDevi she was precious to him as well as the kingdom....the next day

The emperor was on cloud nine ... His niece was born with fortune and goodwill..... At the naming ceremony, he announced that she would become the future Queen....."

"The whole kingdom celebrated the princess..... When Princess RathnamaDevi was 7 years old Queen died giving birth to Prince Kotravel Varman..... Even though the princess was too young she took care of the prince... She arranged a Suyamvar but it's not for her to choose her stepmother... Many small kingdoms' princesses came there thinking they could lure the child princess and become Queen but none of their acts worked on the Princess... She finally selected Vadivukarasi. The daughter of a big merchant was not only because she liked Vadivukarasi's nature but also another benefit that her father held most of the merchant ships and by the marriage clause the princess made him agree that he should reduce half of the cost for shipping small goods trader's of Varmanadu through that small trader got benefited as well as many started exporting and buying goods at a half rate...that increase trading range and increased the frequency of goods exchange... No one expected that the 8-year-old princess would be an expert in the economy too... "

"When you were 10 years you married Crown Prince Udaiyan Sethupathi as he was leaving for his first war the emperor wanted him to get married before he left he was 16 years old at that time... Once the marriage was over he left for Warfield... We faced heavy casualties initially... The Astrologers said that it's because of the sudden marriage as the crown princess has not yet had her menarche which can be a curse for the crown prince so she should not see the crown prince till she attains age... Then only she can bring serendipity to the kingdom"

"So you didn't go to the capital after your marriage you stayed in Varmanadu....... It's been 8 years just a month before you got Menarche once the news reached King he sent his sisters along with Thalapathy to take you back... But you refused to go with them so now he coming here... "

"Princess Rathnama Devi was taught politics, administration as well as war tactics from a young age....she was an expert in archery, horse riding, Javline and also in silambam....also in Saduthi attam..she learned it on the wish of late Queen Ummayazh "

The last person said it to light up the mood as the previous one said the info in a sad tone of course it's a bit of sad news right.....

I thought I would get some clarity from them but all this information confused me more and led to many questions and suspicions...

She was married at the age of ten so it's a child marriage and even the crown prince was forced to marry because of his father's wish for him to marry before going to war.... Does that mean both aren't interested in this arranged child marriage... Yeah that Emperor announced the marriage in Rathna's naming ceremony....she was just born and by the details, the crown prince would be just a 6-year-old child.....

And this delayed period those astrologers what if they are enemies clans... Or some inter-family politics involved in that. Because something is fishy... And why didn't she go back with his sisters did she hate him now..... Out of all this confusion, something else got my attention more