Chapter 21

Rathnamadevi 's POV

Everything feels like a dream... But it's happening in real and I came back to my past.... Where it all started maybe before this day the seeds were sowed because I know Velvizhi was just a scape goat they used to hunt me down....

From the initial days their target was always me still I don't know who is behind all that happened in my life... And I know the problem I have with Udaiyar was solely due to my immature behavior......

He wanted to be away from me for some time due to different reason he just used my lie as shield..... And I didn't tried to mend our relationship neither did he that was his mistake too.....

This time I should change all those and have to be scrupulous handling the people..

Many lives are interconnected and complicated to solve I can't take any risk I have to protect them.... This is my last chance to make everything right.......

I took a deep breath... The attendees are helping me to get ready one is drying my hair in perfumed smoke... I remember this was my Udaiyar's favorite fragrance.... The wild Jasmine .... The garland was also made of that flowers only....

I smiled thinking about the day he mentioned that he loves that flower... He always brought me those wild jasmine when ever he come to Varmanadu and my mother Queen Umaiyazh will make those as garland and adorn my long hair with them....later I learned to bind them as garland myself mainly for my Udaiyar....

The maid was about to braid my hair I asked her to let it free and she adorned my hair with wild jasmine alone as I don't want to wear any hair accessories and ornaments now...

They left by my orders... I leaned back on the couch and indulged myself into various thoughts for those I still I have to find answer's for...

Just at that time someone entered my chamber.. I lazily tilted my head to look at that person...

It's Kuyili.. She wished and bowed to me with a warm smile...

Various kinds of emotions rushed up in my mind and heart.... I couldn't control myself from hugging her ...

"I won't let anything happen to you Kuyili... I will protect you this time... "

Breaking the hug I said to her holding her shoulders.... Tears flows down her eyes... I wiped them off..

" Kuyili... Why are you crying now... Did you scared in pathal jail.. Is that why you are crying... "

I asked her.. She shook her head negatively and said in between her sobs.

"Arasiyare... I don't know I will repay you for this much mercy and love you show for this poor maid....

I don't know arasiyare..... I only have this life to give to you and I will surely don't mind doing that... "..

She said joining her both hands and cried... I can't let that happen again.......

"Shut up Kuyili.... You don't have to do such thing just be yourself okay... Now wipe your tears and help me to pack my things hmm"

I said to divert her mind she immediately wiped her tears and looked down....

"What should I do for you Arasiyare.. Your maid is waiting for your orders..."....

I smiled at her...

" I will ask you something.. Don't try to  tell lies to me kuyili... "

Her eyes widened in fear....

"I won't lie to you Arasiyare.... "

"Let's see that..... Say Kuyili who killed your grandmother"

She looked at me with a shock... Her eyes again started filling with tears but one shout from me she gulped them.....