Chapter 39

Author's POV

The Queen Mother Mangaiyarkarsi Chamber...

The former emperor and her husband along with his first Queen Madangi Nachiyar departed for their spiritual trip on the very same evening of the crowing ceremony of new Emperor Ellalan Sethupathi and Emperess Alarmelu Nachiyar...

Even though she remains the Queen Mother, Mamngaiyarkarasi has lost her power and authority. This was the first order from the new emperor, her very own son, who stripped away all the power she had enjoyed, which set the stage for the empire's downfall due to her biased actions.

She was in her chamber with her maid who had been with her in all her acts now trying to pacify her master's anger....to fuel Magaiyarkarasi's anger the announcement of the New Emperess Alarmelu Nachiyar's arrival resonated in the chamber...

As Queen Alarmelu entered her chamber with a pleasant smile on her face, it incited anger in Magaiyarkarasi, who certainly did not appreciate Alarmelu's ascension to the throne.

Alarmelu clasped her hands together to greet her mother-in-law, who disregarded the gesture. Despite this, Alarmelu's smile remained unflinching, and her gaze subtly shifted towards the maids in the chamber.

"I would like to have a conversation with Queen Mother....... Alone!!!"

Alarmelu's voice echoed in the chamber that had only known Magaiyarkarsi's command. The maids gulped, glancing at the Queen Mother whose eyes blazed with fury, yet they could not override the Empress's order...

They all bowed before the Queens and dispersed one by one...Alarmelu waited till the last person walked past the door.....She moved and closed the chamber door.

Magaiyarkarasi never felt this helpless ever...

Alarmelu sat on the chair comfortably and looked up at her mother-in-law.

"Why are you here? I don't have anything to talk about with you "

Magaiyarkarasi spoke, still not wanting to appear weak in front of her. She sat on the chair opposite to her...Alarmelu chuckled...

"But I do have a lot to speak with you Queen Mother.....you have no other choice than listening to me"

Alarmelu said with a smirk, Magaiyarkarasi scoffed..

"What now? Are you going to take revenge on me for your aunt, or put me in Patal jail? or degrade me in front of my people as you already kept hold of my son? Just do it straight away, Alarmelu. I don't want to hear your preaching on how to be the best queen."

Alarmelu chuckled hearing her...

"I am not you Queen Mother Magaiyarkarasi.......and I don't want to do any of those you mentioned......

what is the use of preaching to you now you aren't the Queen anymore...neither I don't see any possibility of you becoming one in the near future...

about taking revenge for my aunt...for what is it because even after all these years her husband loves her the most and you still can't do anything about it...

You know, I actually like you more than my aunt, who was the first wife of the former emperor and the first Queen, unfortunately, she was unable to give birth to a son.

Still, her place in the emperor's heart remains irreplaceable. Queen Vaanamadevi accepted that, but you did not. You did not weep over the love you were denied; instead, you focused on acquiring the power and authority, You ultimately achieved success, and even fate seemed to favor you by granting you a son. I do not wish to comment on whether you used your power rightly for the prosperity of the empire.

I just admired the fact that you are the only queen so far I heard who used the powers to the fullest and thankfully didn't concentrate on your son, maybe the only mistake you ever made was you failed to keep a hold on the very same person because of whom you reached that high authority...

Let's not dwell on the past, it won't alter the present but it can certainly teach us what to avoid in the future. Whether you choose to stay or leave this old palace is up to you, I won't compel you. And just so you know, your attempt to harm me with those snakes was unsuccessful. Don't hold your confidants responsible—it's simply that I excel at dealing with venomous things...so next time come up with better ideas..."

Alarmelu smiled, rose to her feet, and clasped her hands together in a greeting before exiting the chamber, leaving behind the astonished Magiayarkarasi.

Certainly, the Queen Mother did not anticipate that Alarmelu would turn out this way. She had an impression of Princess Alarmelu's virtue, yet she is unaware of Queen Alarmelu Nachiyar's true nature.

Alarmelu entered her chamber where Radhai along with other attendees were waiting to help her get ready for the night....Tonight was considered an auspicious to consummate their marriage and all other arrangements were done they were waiting for Alarmelu's arrival alone.....

Alamelu's cheeks turned pink as she recalled how Radhai had taken every opportunity to tease her friend until they were ready for the evening.

Now alone, she awaited her husband's return. Her heartbeat quickened at the sound of the door opening. Her cheeks grew warmer as she rose, summoning the last of her strength, and looked up to find his eyes brimming with desire and love.

Author's note

Hello People.....

How was the Chapter...

I know its short chapter ...next one will be longer 

Do let me know your thoughts!!!

Happy Reading 📖📖📖📖📖

Thank you ❤️❤️❤️❤️