Chapter 11

Author's POV 

Queen Vadivukarasi entered the chamber with a  group of maids following her, the whole palace was in celebration mode and maids and soldiers were running here and there to take care of decoration works and other preparations ...

"No dark eyes should fall on our Queen "

Vadivukarasi said with tears, cupping her face and kissed her forehead ...Rathnama smiled at her 

"I rushed here thinking of helping you to get ready but you didn't give me the opportunity today......" 

she complained making Rathnama giggle ....she held Vadivukarasi's hand in hers.....

"Chinnamma you are the Queen of Varmanadu you don't have to do maid work for me "

"But I am your Chinnamma too right .....I do have the right to dress up and help my daughter to get ready for her special day and I am Queen of a small province in the empire which you are going to rule as its Empress you are always above me Rathnama" 

she said truthfully...Rathnama hugged her and patted her back ...

"Its not a day to shed tears  Chinnama ..."

Vadivukarasi pulled away from the hug and wiped her tears and smiled at her ....

"This is happy tears kanne....leave that before you do anything first choose anyone from this group of girls as your personal maid Rathnama and don't say no you already agreed for this "

she said her....Rathnama nodded her head and looked at those girls ....

"Kuyili can stay here others leave ..." 

she ordered others obeyed....Rathnama turned towards Vadivukarasi 

" I will take Kuyili with me Chinnama....you go and check upon other works I am going to temple to pay homage to Ramanathaswamy ask Velvizhi to join me "

Vadivukarasi nodded her head and left the chamber leaving Rathnama and Kuyili......once vadivukarasi left Kuyili fell on RathnamaDevi's feel sheading tears .......

"My grandmother died last month Arasiyare.....she asked me to promise her that I should not give you the herbs from then.....I couldn't go against the promise that was  my grandmother's last wish....please forgive me Arasiyare......."

she started pleading ........RathnamaDevi took a step back.....

"Stand up Kuyili.....I am not angry at you.....bring me flowers to offer god we are leaving in a moment also ask them to keep my chariot ready"

Kuyili wiped her tears and stood up joining her hands 

"Nandrigal Arasiyare.......I am grateful for your kindness"

"Aren't you left yet"....

before Rathnama utter next word Kuyili ran out towards the garden.....Rathnama laughed seeing her acts.....

yeah people we already saw this scene .........its 18 year old Queen RathnamaDevi and this was the day she was going to see her husband the Emperor Udaiyaan Sethupathi ...........they aren't the crown prince and princess anymore.......

after their last meet it took 3 years for this day to come and after that day their relationship dynamics also changed........

the next evening after that night brought the biggest sad news for RathnamaDevi......the crown prince who went for kingdom tour in disguise got hit by an arrow with dangerous venom when he was helping someone to lift heavy baggage and rightly at that time someone did that....even though that person was caught he immediately swallowed poison and died right then....

along with  the crown prince's serious condition The emperor Ellalan also fall sick.....Rathnama strongly believed that its due to them going against the condition and meeting that night......she was anxious and directly rushed to the temple to pray for them .........there she meet an yogi and he came near the crying RathnamaDevi .......

sensing someone's presence she looked up at the yogi she never saw him here as temple was empty and also the  soldiers and the  maids were waiting outside .......the  yogi spoke

"Thaiye....there is always a solution for every problem your tears won't solve it amma.... "

"Do you have any solution for my suffering swamy"

she doesn't know why but she asked him immediately ..... 

"There is thaiye which will help you to save your husband's life "

" then please say what i should do ....don't waste any time swamy.....i can do anything to save my Udaiyar even by giving half of my lifetime to extend his....."

she asked him joining her hand and plead him...That yogi laughed loudly confusing her.....

" Is that what you want thaiye......be careful what you ask for "

he said warning her .....

"I mean every word I said swamy please show me the way to save my Udaiyaar "

The yogi said what she have to do...she thanked him and prepared herself to do the same......first she meet one old lady who stays inside forest and she was an expert in herbs and medicine.......

initally the lady didn't agreed to do what Rathnama asked her later she agreed .....from that day for the next 3  years she had to do pray on  every Yaamaparithi for her husband's long life as the first full moon was the same night she went alone to the temple shore and she took bath in the ocean and made a sand lingam and prayed there.....she would come back to the fort before the sunrise through secret path......

from that day she doesn't keep any maids for her help even for prayers...in the past she occasionally get help from the  maid that stopped after that day and even she doesn't let her brother and sister stays in her chamber late night she doesn't want to get caught........

the reason for taking the herb to prevent her menarche was due to the condition that she should be virgin till she finish the time period completely so that was the only way she could come up with because the next moment she gets her menarche she have to  get back to the main palace in the capital and escaping the palace at night is not possible and it would take at least half a day to reach even she came by horse in high pace.....

and the Yogi wasn't lying because the first news she got after coming back from the night pray was The emperor's  heath was improved and the next day the crown prince gained conscious...............

so coming back .......this was the last full moon she have to pray to complete it .....due to the old lady's death and not consuming the herb resulted in her getting her menarche last week as per her prediction Princess  Mathiyazhini and the Thalapathy came to Varmanadu to take her back........she said she won't go with them till the king himself come and take her......its about her self respect and also the priest and pandits said they have to perform homam and other   few rituals have to be conducted in Rathnama's parents home importantly the first night as the king left for war immediately after marriage....agreeing with that as it was valid they went back and King Udaiyaan Sethupathi himself now coming to get back her.........

And the problem Rathanma have today was the astrologers suggested today itself good for First night....the arrangement for that also happening and Rathnama have to do midnight prayer tonight...............out of all she have to meet Udaiyaar alone and the fact of him knowing that she took herbs to delay her menarche and played hide and seek with him  for 3 years..................

Author's Note 

Hello people....

How was the update...

Please do vote and comment your thoughts....

Happy Reading 📖📖📖📖📖

Thank You ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️