Chapter 8

Author's POV

The crown prince was writing something with at most concentration... The other small figure was sitting in front of him... Looking at with her curious big round eyes...

That was 11 year old Crown Prince Udaiyaan Sethupathi and the 5 year old princess RathnamaDevi..

It been more than an hour when she came into his chamber and sitting in front of looking at him only waiting for him to finish his studies and play with her .... Truth has to be told that little Rathnama have huge patience when it comes to crown prince alone... If it's someone else she surely would have made that person play with her right away without waiting for a second more.... Even if that person was Emperor Ellalan Sethupathi... As he was very fond of his Neice Rathnama... She is pampered princess and her innocence catch everyone's attention without trying much.....

But when it comes to the crown prince her adamance never works... In fact she never showed her Tantrums to him....in front of him she is always the silent obedient... She herself doesn't know what special in him..... If he says don't do that Rathnama.... She wouldn't even think about that in her dreams... His words have that much power over that little girl...

After some more minutes he looked up from the palm leaf manuscripts.... Her eyes shined in excitement that he finally noticed her..... He did know when did she arrived... He just acknowledged it now...

" Is your work done Udaiyare"asked the princess...

The prince just chuckled at her question...

"Why are you waiting for me Rathnama"..

He questioned her making her face fell which he didn't like but doesn't showed any emotions in his face... She took a moment to recover and smiled at him....

She still needs learn to mask her emotions well... The prince thought himself before asking her another question...

"Do you want to learn what I am studying Rathnama"

"Should I have to know Udaiyare? "
She replied him with another question..

He smiled and nodded his head positively..

" You should Rathnama.... Aren't you the future Queen...??? "

"Oohh.... Queen should know them???? "

She asked him another question... He knows about her curious nature... Most of the time she won't answer instead she ask questions in return

"So you don't know what are all the responsibilities of the Queen..... "

She shook her head negatively because she doesn't know truly.. He chuckled

"Then what will you do after becoming Queen Rathnama.. "

"I will be with you after becoming Queen "

She answered truly...

"You will be with me... That's it"

He asked again... She again nodded her head positively and said...

" when I asked amma that I want to meet you she didn't let me come of that palace to here.... And she only said if I became your Queen I can be with you all the time and I won't need her and Ranima's permission to meet you "

He laughed loudly hearing her answer...

"So you want to be the Queen just to be with me and nothing else ....... "

She again agreed with him.... She wasn't lying though... But that made him think alot..... She is soo innocent.....

Udaiyaan wasn't the son of the Queen Allarmelu Nachiyar the first wife of The King Ellalan... He was second wife's son... His mother died giving birth to him....