Chapter 13

Author's POV...

There was heavy rain in the kingdom and the coastal areas were submerged in floods Emperor Ellalan Sethupathi himself went to those areas to check up on the rescuing and restoring works there....

His second wife Valliyamai Nachiyar is heavily pregnant... She could deliver the baby at any time due to the heavy rainfall and the disaster it caused The Emperor couldn't be with her... But he wasn't worried because Queen Alarmelu Nachiyar was there in the palace...

People didn't get to see the sunlight as it was always raining for the past one week

Here in the palace, Queen Alarmelu Nachiyar was walking here and there and waiting anxiously outside the chamber where his little sister, as well as the second Queen, was going through her labour pain...

Even though Queen Alarmelu already gave birth to three daughters... Still, Her sister Valliyammai was her first child....the Queen knew how much pain her little sister had to endure to give birth to the child... Her painful screams were ripping the Queen's heart... As Valliyamai's scream was surpassing the heavy thunder sounds... And she was just an 18-year-old girl......

There weren't many maids and soldiers in the main palace as the Queen sent them to help her people... She still manages the palace security with fewer members.....

The midwife Rathai who is also the head maid of the Queen was inside as well as the second Queen's maid Sangavai...

The other three princesses are outside the room....... The Queen wanted to be with her sister but the princesses were scared by both the heavy rain and thunder as well as their Chinnama's screams.... So the Queen couldn't leave them alone.....

Soon the three princesses slept and the second Queen was still in labor pain......

Queen Alarmelu Nachiyar rushed towards her sister but before she entered she heard a scream of Valliyammai along with a cry of a baby........

Queen Alarmelu had happy tears to increase her happiness more the heavy rain stopped.... and also she could see the sunrays falling over the room......

Her happiness had no bounds she thanked the Shivaperumal in her heart and entered the room...

She saw her sister Valliyamai who looked pale and exhausted.... She went towards her and sat on the bed and kissed her forehead...

Before she spoke Rathai came near her carrying the baby wrapped in a clean white cloth...

"Our future King is here Arasiyare"

Queen Alarmelu's happiness has no bounds... She gave her both bangles to Rathai and her arram to Sangavai.....

She again looked back at her tired sister ... Before Ararmelu spoke..... Valliyammai said

"Rathai first give her son to my akka... She should be the first one to hold him"

"Valli.. "

"Noo akka... He is your son please... "

With a warm smile Queen Alarmelu got the baby from Rathai and looked at him closely with adoration..... Her eyes filled with tears.... She kissed the baby.....

Valliyamai asked...

"What name you are going to give him akka... "

Alarmelu smiled at her

"Udaiyan...... Udaiyaan Sethupathi"

She said looking at baby smiling at her....... She was admiring the baby... Valliyamai looked at her sister and the baby fondly.... She was at peace now....