Chapter 14

Author's POV

"Only you can do this Rathnama...he only listen to you..... Now you have to think like a Queen not as wife...... Your empire needs heir...please consider this amma....ask Sethupathi to agree for second marriage"....

Queenmother Alarmelu said creasing Rathnama's head.... All the family members are present.... The King's 3 sisters and their daughters along with Rathnmaa's father, step mother and step sister... Her brother Kotravel was with the king who is discussing war tactics they are going to use in upcoming one...

While here another war is happening inside Rathnama..... She took her hand from Alarmelu's hold and her face is void of any emotions... She was silent....

She never imagined this day would come in her life......

She was the people's Queen who is both generous and kind to everyone of her people.. Even though no one dared to say it to her directly.... Still all spoke behind her back that she was barren... Even those are secret talks because no one plucked up the courage of disrespecting the Queen......

She herself won't stand that.. If such complaint reached The King then that person's punishment would an wildest nightmare to everyone......

How could she get pregnant when her husband didn't even touched her Hairstands in past 10 years...

Its been 10 years after that day... She completed the prayer but that cost her something which she could never give up......

Her Udaiyar......

The King Udaiyan Sethupathi is preparing for deadliest war ever fought against their long term enemy.... Once all set he would go for the battle field again....

And the empire still didn't get the heir.......No one would have dared to bring this second marriage talk if the younger brother of the King Prince Imaiyazhan was alive......

Without second thought Udaiyar will announce his brother as next king but he is no more and he killed himself that itself another tragic story....

So now all others want to use this opportunity to marry the King.....

Alarmelu's First daughter Princess Mathiyazhini's Daughters Kathambari and RathnamaDevi's step sister Velvizhi was the two suitors now want to get married to the king and have their side supporters for it....

The main problem for them is no one is brave enough to speak to the King Udaiyar about this.... Because they know asking him to marry someone else when his Udaiyaal is there is literally walking through their own graveyard...

In fact asking Rathnama is also that much dangerous task.... That's why they asked Queen mother Alarmelu to do say this and convince RathnamaDevi...

Seeing Rathnama's silence.... The ladies there thought she was considering the idea and wanted to pull her to their side.... Vadivukarasi spoke first

"Marrying for heir is not new thing for our empire Rathnama.... Our Queen Alarmelu Nachiyar herself is living proof for it..... Our king born out of such marriage only... Don't think second wife stole your husband fully kanne....you don't have to be worried about that..... Just like Queen Mother you too can take your own sister as your co wife... You are like second mother to Velvizhi in fact more than with me she spend her time with you... She always obeys you and be at your feet.... So you don't have to worry about her taking your position.... "

Mathiyazhini's anger rised up how can she let an merchant's granddaughter over power her daughter who is  Sethupathi's blood line.... She argued..

"How can your daughter become the Queen.... You dared to compare Queen Valliyaamai with your daughter... That itself shameful to my Chithi's legacy.... Valliyaamai was my mother's own sister.... Not step sister remember that before..... RathnamaDevi have Sethupathi's bloodline she is the daughter of Sethupathi empire's princess that's why my father Emperor Ellalan Sethupathi announced her will be the Queen.... Don't confuse our Queen....... Rathnama don't listen to her.... Kathambari was rightful to marry my brother.....if not you he would have married her only and you know that too.... I am not blaming you but this is the fact you couldn't become mother and give this empire the future King.... At least let others in,who can do that..... You already know I am a widow and my only daughter is supposed to marry Imaiyazhan.... He was no more and somewhat you are also reason behind me becoming widow...... Now you got a chance to rectify your mistakes.... Ask King to marry Kathambari... "