5

On the taxi ride back to the accommodation Jimin is browsing through the photos on his camera. They really turned out quite nice, he admits to himself. The gallery was in a lovely old building, making it very easy to take aesthetically pleasing pictures. It wasn't crowded either so he didn't feel awkward taking pictures around too many people. The cafe next to the gallery wasn't his style though. Too minimalistic and cold, but he has to admit it looks quite good in pictures. He just wouldn't go hang out there himself probably. Luckily the staff of the cafe was quite excited about his visit, they let him take pictures while they prepared the orders and were complimenting the results a lot. They even recommended Jimin a nice restaurant to have dinner at, but when Jimin arrived they were already closed. Time really flies when he's out taking pictures. He decided to just go drop his things at the Airbnb and then walk to one of the restaurants near there.

When Jimin steps out of the taxi he sees that Yoongi is still downstairs in the cafe. Damn. He kind of hoped he could just sneak in and out without having to be confronted with him. Oh well, he'll just politely nod and be on his way. He opens the door and closes it gently behind him. He turns to walk to the stairs and tries to make swift eye contact with Yoongi so he can give him a little friendly nod. Yoongi looks at him when he passes by the coffee bar and... smiles? A real smile? It catches Jimin so off guard that he stops and looks at the smiling host. His stomach feels... weird.

"Hey, you alright?" Yoongi then says to break the silence, while casually drying some cups with a towel.

"Hi, yeah. Long day. You?" Jimin again doesn't really know what to say to the man.

"Did the pictures turn out alright?"

"Yeah, better than I expected." Then Jimin squints his eyes and relaxes by shifting his weight to one leg. "Wait... how do you know..."

"Hoseok called me." Ah. That must be why he's being nice suddenly. Figures.

"Oh, right, he said he'd call you. Look, we don't have to... I mean I probably should for Hoseok, but -"

"You can take as many pictures as you want, just make me look handsome." Yoongi smirks, causing the weird feeling in Jimin's stomach to increase.

"That's not a problem." Jimin says without thinking. Shit. It sounds like he's calling him handsome. Which is not a lie, but...

"Good. Do you want to do it now?"

"Do what? ... Oh, the pictures. Sure. Yeah. If you prefer." Why is he so awkward with him? Jimin doesn't even want to take the pictures now, he's hungry.

"Alright. What should I do?"

"I uhm, I'll start with some wider shots. Just do whatever you're doing. Like, just forget I'm here." Jimin takes his jacket off and removes his camera from his backpack. He hides the items behind a crate so they won't end up in the photos.

"That might be difficult." Yoongi mumbles.

"Hm?"

"Never mind. Go ahead." Yoongi waves his hand to signal to Jimin to just get started. Jimin takes a couple pictures from a few corners of the room while quietly humming along to the ambient R&B music that is playing in the cafe. The few small lamps lighting up the room is really creating a great mood in the pictures. Jimin is happily shooting away. He notices more details about the cafe now that he can peacefully walk around and look at things. He wonders if Yoongi did all the decorating himself. Should he ask? The grumpy man doesn't seem so grumpy today, maybe he can actually talk with him a bit.

"Can I ask... have you decorated the place yourself? I really love this style." He bravely asks.

"Oh, kind of. It was mostly my ex though." Yoongi says in a monotone voice.