7

The car ride so far has been in complete silence. Jimin is slowly warming up in the heated car seat and Yoongi is driving calmly. There's no music playing in the car either, so Jimin is just listening to the sound of the rain. He's feeling surprisingly calm despite being in a car with his least favourite person right now. Yoongi's driving style is kind of relaxing.

"Listen, Jimin..." Yoongi takes it upon him to break the silence. "I feel like I have to apologise to you." Really? Wow.

"Mm?" Jimin slowly turns his head to look at Yoongi.

"I uhm... I've been a bit prickly these days. I'm sorry if I've been a bit rude to you." Yoongi mumbles, but Jimin can hear him clearly.

"Oh. I... I'm sorry too. I -"

"You have nothing to be sorry about. I was being a jerk to you."

"Okay... Thanks... I guess." Jimin again doesn't really know what to say. He's afraid to ask him anything personal since last night.

"When you arrived," Yoongi continues in his deep voice, "I was supposed to go to my friend who's in the hospital, but I was waiting for you, so... I kind of got angry that you made me wait, but you couldn't have known and you had those issues with the rental car... I just snapped at you for no good reason."

"I see... is your friend okay?" Jimin is starting to feel even worse about this whole situation now. Yoongi quickly turns to look at Jimin before focussing back on the road, he seemed surprised by that question.

"Yeah, well, he is now. He got in an accident, so on that day it wasn't so sure yet. I always tell him to get a driver's licence, but he keeps driving his bike down these dangerous roads where people don't expect there to be bikes. And he's so clumsy... Anyway, he's alright."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. But good that he's okay now. Did you manage to go see him? It seems like you're always at the cafe."

"Haha, I guess it must seem like that to you. I usually take some time off during the day, so I went to see him yesterday and today."

"Good. Then... what about yesterday?" Jimin is feeling more comfortable now to ask him, "Was I being too nosy?"

"Oh, no, that was... well, I ehh, I don't know. I guess I was still upset about my friend..." Yoongi says while shifting his body around in his seat.

"Okay... so you don't mind if I ask you personal things?"

"No not really, if I don't like the question I'll just not answer, but I never really mind people trying." Yoongi smirks. Sometimes it's really not clear if he's joking or being brutally honest. Probably the latter.

"I kind of like that." Jimin laughs.

"Wh-what? You like what?" Yoongi takes a quick peek at Jimin again.

"I don't know, you can be so... brutally honest in a funny way. I kind of appreciate that."

"Hah. Cute." Yoongi leans his elbow against the car door and rubs his fingers over his mouth while smiling.

"Cute?"

"Yeah. You're kind of cute."

"I thought I was sassy." Jimin says in a cheeky voice.

"Mmm. You're that too..." Yoongi quickly glances over at Jimin once more with the corner of his mouth raised.

Why does this feel like flirting? Is he flirting with me? Nah. Come on Jimin, just because he's into men doesn't mean he's flirting with you when he's just being funny. Besides, Jimin doesn't like men that way, so it doesn't really matter anyway. Jimin can't help but smile uncontrollably though. He purses his lips to try to hide it.