Chapter 8 - Kalapradarshan

It's been a week since Tiasha arrived at Hastinapur Palace. Everyone has taken a special liking towards her. Specially Bhishma.

This young girl seemed very intelligent and witty. She holds strong opinions and doesn't hesitate to voice them. She is confident yet calm. She is brave. She knows how to win hearts. Seems like a perfect combination for the Samrajnyi of Hastinapur. Bhishma thought.

-"Pranam Mahamahim"

-"Putri, all my grandsons and my granddaughter call me Pitamah, I would be happy if you could also call me that."

Tiasha smiled, "Pranam Pitamah."

Bhishma smiled. And she knows how to make anyone smile any time.

Kunti also wished that one-day Tiasha would be her eldest putrabadhu. This girl is a perfect match for her eldest.

It was the day of kalapradarshan. The royal arena was packed with people. Every Praja has come to witness the strength and valour of their princes.

All the royal men sat on the stage set for them. Maharaj Dhritarastra is in the middle. On his left sat Mahamahim Bhishma and Kula Guru Kripacharya. On his right Gandhara Raj Shakuni and Mahamantri Vidur. Sanjay, who was narrating everything to Dhritarastra stood beside him.

In the royal balcony of the arena sat the women. Maharani Gandhari in the middle. On her left sat Mata Kunti and on her right was her daughter Dushala. Tiasha sat beside Kunti and Subhadra beside Dushala.

Everyone was eagerly waiting for the arrival of the Kuru Rajkumars.

A middle-aged, tall lanky man in a simple orange dhoti and uttyaria entered the arena followed by a young tall and muscular man who had a mani embedded on his forehead, the Syron-rathna which resembled Mahadev's third eye. He was carrying a bow with him. His face was calm yet nobody could miss the fire in his chestnut brown eyes.

Tiasha could easily tell who they were.

The older man folded his hands.

"Pranam Maharaj Dhritarastra, pranam Mahamahim Bhishma, pranam Mahamantri Vidur, pranam Gandhara Raj." He greeted the men. He looked up towards the women and continued, "Pranam Maharani Gandhari, Pranam Rani Kunti. Pranam Putrio". Tiasha folded her hands and bowed her head, Dushala and Subhadra followed her action.

"Pranam Kurujano."

After greeting everyone he started, "Today you will see what your princes and your future kings have learnt in Gurukul. I am Guru Drona. Today, this is a test of my Shiksha. You will witness the strength and valour of your Rajkumars. The only rule for today is that not a single drop of blood should be shed on this ground. All of my students will show the best they can. There is a wheel and you can have all the names of the kumaras written on it. My Putra Ashwatthama is going to hit one name at a time and the princes will arrive accordingly." He turned to Maharaj Dhritarastra and asked, "Shall we begin, Maharaj?"

Dhritarastra nodded his head and permitted him to start. A conch shell was blown by Drona himself to mark the beginning.

Ashwatthama took an arrow and hit the spinning wheel.

Vikarna. One by one all the Kauravas came in and showed their respective skills.

Duryodhan was the last to enter the arena after Dushasan. He folded his hands to his elders. Dhritarastra's proud smile became wider at the mention of Duryodhan's name.

He started showing his skills with his mace. Kunti narrated Duryodhana's actions to Gandhari. Tiasha was impressed by his control and strength. A deafening applause roared from the audience. A sly smirk appeared on his face hearing the audience cheer. the cheers made more adrenalin pumping through his veins and his performance became better. the cheers got louder and louder with every single move Duryodhan made.