Chapter 27 - Mending

Ashwatthama's Coronation was over and it was time for the princes, Tiasha and Dushala to return to Hastinapur again. 

Duryodhan ascended his horse only after making Ashwatthama promise that he would visit Hastinapur soon.

Tiasha looked back and waved at Kripi and Ashwatthama as their chariot started to move out of the palace gates.

After a whole day of travelling, they decided to camp and take some rest. Dushala had already fallen asleep, her head resting on Tiasha's lap as the chariot stopped near the campsite.

Duryodhan climbed down his horse, handed the horse over to Dushasan, and came straight towards Tiasha and Dushala. He smiled seeing his sister asleep and Tiasha trying to wake her up.

-"Dushala, just wake up for a second, let's go inside the tent you can lie down there properly."

But Dushala didn't show any sign of waking up instead she hugged Tiasha's waist tighter and buried her face more into her lap to be in comfortable position. Tiasha tsked, she didn't have the heart to wake her up when Dushala looked so peaceful. She caressed her hair and gave a troubled look to Duryodhan who was standing there smiling. 

Duryodhan came forward saying, "Don't worry Sakhi, I will carry her to the tent." Tiasha untangled Dushala's arms carefully from her mid and Duryodhan carried dushala inside a tent. 

Karna detached the horses from the chariot and tied them to a tree. He went to bring water and food for the horses. He saw Tiasha standing near them watching curiously. She took a step forward and one of the horses shook its head and neighed making Tiasha back away. 

He smiled and stood beside her holding some hay in his hands to feed the horses. He has come to terms with his inner turmoil. After that night when she talked about her father's death, he decided not to avoid her anymore. He wanted to go back to how they were in the beginning before he heard the Pandavas talk. He has been trying to talk to her but he couldn't. He just doesn't know what to talk about. 

But there was another problem. He has decided not to avoid her anymore but she doesn't seem to have any idea. Karna did notice how she was not quite meeting his eyes. Whenever he looks at her she seems to turn her head. She doesn't smile back at him like she usually did before. He was upset but he understood why she did that. At least she has reasons. He has done the same without giving her a reason. So it's only fair that she is trying to avoid him now like he did for the past few days.

Although he was not aware of the constant stares he was gaining for the said girl when he was not looking. Tiasha did her best to put on a straight face when Karna was around. But she couldn't stop wondering what she did wrong to make him avoid her. She asked Ashwatthama and Duryodhan to ask him about it but they were just as clueless as she was. Karna refused to even be around her for a few days let alone talk to her, so she could ask him herself.

Tiasha was mad. She being done with him decided to avoid him just like he did. But after that night when she talked about her father, she noticed his behaviour change again. He started smiling at her, joining in conversations to get her to talk to him but she refused to give in. She wanted him to have a taste of his own medicine. 

-"Go ahead, they won't do anything." 

Tiasha yelped and took another step back. 

-"I am sorry I didn't mean to scare you, Kumari."

-"No, you didn't scare me, I was just not expecting you here and talking to me." Tiasha said looking at the horses avoiding his eyes.

-"Why? Am I not allowed to talk to you?"