Chapter 18 - Mantrana

Duryodhan paced around the Mantrana Kaksha. 

-"We need to prepare for the upcoming war. Mitra Karna, Ashwa, I hope you two will help me?" 

-"Of course, Mitra, Your Mitra Karna will be always present beside you when you need me." Karna said boldly.

Ashwatthama looked down, "I want to help you Mitra, but Pitashree forbids me to take place in this particular war."

-"So your Pita Shree's words are more important than your friend Guru Putra?" Shakuni sneered. 

-"Enough Mama Shree," Duryodhan glared at his uncle and put a hand on Ashwatthama's shoulder, "I understand Mitra, and I don't want to make you disobey your father."

-"Bhratashree, we need to make a plan for the war." Dushasan said, placing a few figurines of soldiers on the map of Panchal.

Duryodhan nodded looking at the formation his brother was making.

-"I think you should go first in the battle. Don't let the Pandu Putra enter at all. Go in finish the Panchal sena, capture Drupad, and come back to become the next Yuvraj."

-"Defeating and capturing Drupad will not be that easy, Gandharraj. He is a master at forming viyus."

-"I am confident my child can break Drupad's Viyu. No need to worry, Guru Putra. Can't you my dear nephew?" Shakuni gave Duryodhan a smile baring his rooting yellowish teeth. 

Duryodhan smirked proudly, "I will have Mitra Karna beside me, I don't need to fear anyone."

Duryodhan patted Karna's shoulder. Karna smiled, "Thank you for putting so much trust in me Mitra."

Ashwatthama nodded smiling.

At this moment guard entered the room.

-"How dare you enter the mantrana kaksha without permission?" Shakuni shouted.

-"I am sorry Gandhar Raj..." the guard trailed off. Duryodhan eyed his mama to stop. Shakuni stopped, gritting his teeth. Nothing has been going according to him, since morning. This is the only time he has something in his favour and the lowly guard dared to interrupt that.

-"Who sent you?" Duryodhan asked curiously. 

The guard bowed, "Pranam Rajkumar, Kumari Tiasha is asking for permission to enter."

Shakuni frowned, why does the fallen princess want to enter the mantrana kaksha in the middle of a strategy discussion.

Duryodhan's face lit up at the mention of his Sakhi's name, "Why are you keeping her waiting outside, She is allowed to enter anywhere when I am present." He rebuked the guard for keeping his dear Sakhi waiting outside, 

-"Let her enter and never keep her waiting for permission."

Ashwatthama was curious, she was such an enigma. Then he remembered the night before Karna's coronation. He looked at Karna who was looking expectedly towards the entrance.

Karna was in a state of trance torn between curiosity, surprise and joy. He kept looking at the entrance.

The sweet smell of Parijat filled the room as Tiasha entered. She politely greeted everyone ignoring Shakuni's glare.

-"What brings you here, in the Mantrana kaksha, Rajkumari?" Shakuni asked.

-"I am just here to see how you are planning to approach the upcoming battle and help you if I can."