Chapter 34 - Truth

Duryodhan and Karna were standing on both sides of Tiasha. Karna noticed how Tiasha became stiff as soon as the dance started. He followed her gaze which was set on the entrance of the temple, but saw nothing. At first, she smiled at what she saw, and then her eyes widened. Then she looked like she was almost in a trance. He saw her eyes shifting from the entrance to the dancing Sadhu Adinatha, who also was looking at the entrance. Karna frowned, was he missing something?

The speed of the dance increased. Karna could hear Tiasha's heavy breathing. He looked at her concerned. He kept looking at her from time to time.

But the dance in front prevented him from asking her anything. This was the most divine dance he had ever seen in his life. Keeping Sadhu Adinatha in the center round fifteen-twenty males almost half naked, wearing only red loincloth and Rudraksha mala, covered in ashes performed the most celestial dance ever. Everyone around them was too mesmerised to even blink. The dance was dangerous yet it was the most beautiful sight anyone could see with their flash eyes.

As the dance was coming to an end Karna again looked at Tiasha. He saw her eyes filled with tears to the brim threatening to roll down her cheeks any moment. With the last bit of the song, Tiasha's iris rolled almost to the back of her head.

Karna immediately understood what was happening. Before her body could tumble back and hit the ground his strong arms were wrapped around her. Duryodhan's eyes snapped towards his Mitra and his Sakhi.

He saw Karna holding Tiasha's limp body in his arms, her eyes half closed only the white part visible through her long lashes. Duryodhan surprised and concerned called in a whisper, "Sakhi, what happened to you?"

Dushala who was standing beside Duryodhan turned to her brother and Tiasha's direction only to find them in the ground. Tiasha was lying unconscious, Karna supporting her body and Duryodhan crouching down beside them. Dushala rushed to her side and called Tiasha, panic setting in her heart, "DIDI!"

Dushala's panicked screech drew everyone's attention to the four figures on the ground.

Ashwatthama and Yudhishthira appeared next to them in the blink of an eye. Bhishma hurried towards them and asked concerned, "What happened to Putri Tiasha?"

-"I don't know, she just lost consciousness and fell down." Karna said not looking at anyone when he picked her up in bridal style. He rested her head gently on his shoulder. His eyes went to Bhupendra.

-"Bhupendra, call Vaidya mahasay immediately." Karna ordered.

Bhupendra nodded and left to get the Vaidya. Karna brought Tiasha to her chamber and laid her down on her bed. A visibly worried Duryodhan, Ashwatthama, Pandavas and Dushala entered after him. Dushala sat beside Tiasha holding her hand Dushala gently called, "Didi?"

Karna sighed, "Rajkumari, Can you please look after her till the Vaidya arrives?" Dushala nodded. Karna left the chamber and went to see why it was taking Bhupendra so long to bring the Vaidya.

At the entrance of the palace, Karna met Sadhu Adinatha and his anuchars.

-"Seems like overworking has taken a toll on Devi Tiasha's health."

Karna folded his hands and pleaded with him with his eyes, "Baba, will she be ok?"

-"Mahamantri has gone to bring Vaidya Mahasay, do not worry Maharaj, she will be ok in no time. Now if Maharaj permits, it's time for us to leave."

-"Baba, please stay for a few more days."

-"No Maharaj, my work here is done I cannot stay here anymore."