Chapter 39 - Another Journey

The last golden rays of the sun slipped through the curtains and fell on the Shoran Mani embedded on the forehead of Ahichatra Naresh.

Ashwatthama was looking into some documents of the state when a big eagle flew in through the window and sat right in front of him.

He recognised the bird and a frown appeared on his face. He fed the bird some treats and untied the letter it carried.

Duryodhan has written from Kalinga.

Priya Mitra,

I have reached Dantapura safely this morning. It's a beautiful place, refreshing and relaxing. I can see the waves of the ocean hitting the shore from my chamber. If I had time, I would have loved to take a bath in the sea.

I don't know why you refused to attend the Swayam Var of Kalinga Kumari. Although Mitra Karna and Dushasan are here, but you know the more, the merrier. Mitra Karna is also not taking part in the Swayam Var, though I insist on him.

Anyways, the Swayam Var is tomorrow. Princess Bhanumati is going to be my wife, by any means. I have already told you about everything in my previous letter.

If I have to abduct Bhanumati, I don't think Pitamah Bhishma or Kaka Shree Vidur will be very happy about it and welcome me with open arms in Hastinapur. And honestly, I don't care what they think. So, to have a hazard-free wedding, I have to either go to Gandhar or Northern Panchal or Anga.

Anga will be the closest to Kalinga. So, I have decided I will get married in Anga Desh.

But the problem is, how can I get married without my family? My own true family.

Mitra Karna, you, Sakhi Tiasha, My dear sister Dushala, my brothers, Mama Shree Shakuni you are my family. I would also like Mata and Pita Shree to be present there but, I think you know already that their royal duties are much more important than their children. It pains me but what more can I do? I can't change what's been happening for years in one moment, right?

I have already written to Mama Shree, he will bring my brothers and Dushala to Anga.

But I don't think Pitamah will let Sakhi Tiasha join them. And then again I don't think Mama Shree will want to have her with him on the journey. He doesn't like Sakhi for some unknown reason.

I want you to come to Anga but before that, I want to ask you to do something. I know you can do this Ashwa.

Go to Hastinapur tonight and bring Sakhi with you to Anga. Don't tell her anything about abducting Bhanumati. I myself will tell her everything at the appropriate time.

Please, can you do that for me, Mitra?

Yours,
Duryodhan.

Ashwatthama sighed and looked outside. He can never turn down his friend's request, Can he? If he wants to reach Hastinapur tonight he needs to leave now. 

Ashwatthama called his Chief Minister and Informed him that he needed to go to Anga for a few days. He went to the stable and mounted the fastest and his favourite white stallion.

He rode on the stallion as fast as he could. It almost felt like the horse was flying instead of running. As the horse dashed through the dark forest Ashwatthama's thoughts also ran, maybe even faster than the horse. An unknown indescribable but warm feeling spread inside his chest. For his friend, he is practically going to kidnap Tiasha. Is this even right? Yes, yes it is, if she comes willingly. 

After that what if they don't go to Anga? What if he changes his mind and just runs away with her? Is that right? It is if she agrees. 

He would bring her to his palace. If she comes, the palace will be shining with happiness, just like it did when she was there for his coronation. They will get married and she will be his queen. She will wait for him every night to come back from court. And they will have many many small babies together. A pleasant smile spread on his lips and his cheeks flashed.