Chapter 42 - Marriage

Tiasha brought Bhanumati and Supriya to a chamber and told the maids to prepare a bath for the two girls.

She sat Bhanumati down and started to take off all the heavy ornaments slowly one by one. Bhanumati asked curiously, "Who are you, Devi?"

Tiasha smiled at her and said, "I am Tiasha, I am Vasudev Krishna's Sakhi. I am Rajkumar Duryodhan's Sakhi as well, but he says I am more like his second mother. And, Rajkumari Dushala of Hastinapur, Rajkumar Nakul and Sahadev and Rajkumari Subhadra of Dwarka call me their Didi. Now, you make what you want with this information. Before you ask I would have to tell you that I am twenty-three years old, so I am older than both of you."

Bhanumati and Supriya looked at her in shock then broke into a smile. This is the first time they felt relaxed and protected since yesterday. Bhanumati said, "If you are Rajkumar Duryodhan's Sakhi, what should I call you then?"

-"Well, I would like to be your elder sister..."

-"Then you are my Didi too." Bhanumati's smile widened.

-"Of course I am." Tiasha pinched Bhanumati's cheeks. Bhanumati looked down. Tiasha kneeled in front of her and asked, "Are you ok? You can tell me anything, you don't need to be scared."

Bhanumati looked at Tiasha with teary eyes and said, "I don't know what to do."

-"I know a lot has happened since yesterday, and you are overwhelmed. Take your time..." Tiasha took Bhanumati's hand in hers and rubbed her thumbs on them gently. "...If you don't want to marry Rajkumar Duryodhan then you can tell me that as well."

-"He abducted me, Didi. The society won't accept me after this..." Bhanumati looked down. "But It's not about that...I was going to put the Varmala on Rajkumar Duryodhan. He captured my heart from the moment I saw him. I was just taking some time to make the final decision...before that he..."

Tiasha shook her head and sighed. 

-"He doesn't have an ounce of patience in his blood. Bhanu, can I request you something?" 

Bhanumati smiled, "Yes Didi."

-"You know, he is not bad at heart. If he loves someone he loves them fiercely. He is the most loyal person you will ever find. Just...just be a little patient with him. He doesn't know how to express himself, he is very impulsive. But he is not bad at heart."

Bhanumati nodded smiling. 

Tiasha touched her cheeks, "Now, I guess the bath is ready, You two go, freshen up. I will bright something for you to eat." Tiasha left smiling at them for the last time.

On her way to the kitchens, Tiasha saw a maid coming out of the wine cellar with a jar of sura.

Tiasha stopped her, "Chandra, who is this for?"

The maid bowed to her and said, "Rajkumar Duryodhan ordered for Sura."

-"Is there anyone else with him?"

-"Maharaj, Ahichatra Naresh and Rajkumar Dushasan are with him in his chamber."

Tiasha nodded, "Come with me Chandra, let's bring them sura." Tiasha's eyes narrowed at the end of the sentence.

--

Duryodhan paced up and down the room. Dushasan, Ashwatthama and Karna sat looking at each other and Duryodhan. 

-"Mitra, can you sit down for a moment?" Karna said. Standing up from his place he held Duryodhan's shoulder.

-"Bhratashree, calm down."