Chapter 32 - Anga IV

Within two months the lost glory of Anga was not only restored but also doubled. Many of the Prajas who left Anga were returning. A lot of new people were also coming into the newly formed Kingdom as new opportunities were flying around. Karna announced there would be no discrimination of caste between the people. Everyone will have the same rights and opportunities. Anga became the hub of new opportunities for people. The villages filled with their old occupants as well as the new ones. The streets and markets buzzed with happiness and excitement. Anga became an attraction for merchants. Children could be seen playing around chasing each other. The once-barren lands were being irrigated and corps were being sown by the farmers.

Hastinapur has promised to excuse the taxes till the time the crop was cultivated.

Bhupendra was given the responsibility of Pradhan Mantri of Anga and Indrasena was recruited as the Senapati by Karna.

Tiasha with the help of Bhupendra has interviewed many candidates who were willing to do administrative jobs. The new Mantri Sabha of Anga was a unique blend of new young people as well as experienced minds. Karna and Indrasena hand-picked the soldiers and generals of the army of the Anga.

Jarasandh's workers have done wonders in the palace of Anga. The Palace was restored within three weeks. 

The once sceptical and untrusting Praja of Anga were now ready to sacrifice their lives for their king. 

In between all this Yudhishthira became the Yuvraj of Hastinapur. Karna once asked Tiasha before Yudhishthira's coronation, "Don't you feel bad, that you won't be able to attend the coronation?"

To which Tiasha shrugged and replied, "The work here is more important, besides it nothing I haven't seen before, I did your crowning and then attended Drauni's coronation as well."

In the two months, they have gotten even more close to each other. They have spent countless hours together, working, practising weapons, sometimes talking about the politics and kingdom, sometimes their visions on the world, sometimes playful teasing and sometimes just sitting down with each other in comfortable silence. Each time they found themselves falling for each other more and more. But they didn't know if this was right. Unaware that the love was mutule they tried to deny it. They tried to escape. but just like quicksand the more they tried to escape the more they got pulled in. 

Karna and Tiasha walked down the market, Bhupendra and Indrasena on their sides when they saw the same woman who spat on Karna's face on the first day of his arrival. They came in front of her. Karna smiled at her and said, "Mata, I have kept my promise. Do you still hate me?"

She cried and was about to fall on Karna's feet but before she could Karna prevented her.

-"Forgive me, Maharaj, I have committed a sin. I didn't recognise you Maharaj, you are our God. I disrespected you, I disrespected the Gods."

Karna held her hands and said, "I am your son, Mata, I am no God. And how can any Mata commit a sin?" 

Tiasha came forward and said, "Mata, I have something to ask you."

The woman looked at her curiously as she continued, "Mata, I can not live here forever, I have to go back to Hastinapur, and your son here will not be able to take care of himself, as he has a tendency to get so absorbed in his work that he forgets to eat. His mother is not here as well, so will you do us the honour and take care of him while I or his mother are not here."

The woman smiled, "Why do you have to leave for Hastinapur? Why can't you stay with your Husband forever Putri?"

Tiasha and Karna both turned red at her question. Tiasha bit her lips and answered slowly, "I am not his wife Mata. I am just a friend". Her words sent a sharp pin through Karna's heart, 'Just a friend'.