Chapter 47 - Invitations

-"Satyaki, wait for us on the Kampilya border, we will be there by tomorrow afternoon." Krishna said to Satyaki getting down from the chariot. After Tiasha got down, Satyaki left with the chariot to wait for them as Krishna said. 

-"Why did we just get down in the middle of nowhere, Jayantha?" Tiasha asked looking around. The sun was about to go down behind the horizon. They stood in a small clearing surrounded by Tall trees in the middle of the forest miles away from any human settlement.

Krishna started walking towards a certain direction. Tiasha followed behind him.

-"Panchali's Swayam Var is by the end of this month within two Pakshas. Invitations are being sent all around Aryavart. But King Drupad's messenger can't reach some of our very important guests. So we are here to hand over invitations."

Realisation kicked in Tiasha's mind. 

-"Hmm, how can the messenger deliver invitations to a bunch of deceased princes? Or should I say five to be exact?" Tiasha said smirking at Krishna.

Krishna narrowed his eyes and a similar smirk appeared on his lips, mirroring Tiasha's.

They reached a small temple of Maa Kali, deep inside the forest. Tiasha saw a white cotton Sharee with a red border kept neatly just outside the threshold of the temple. Krishna picked it up and held it to her.

-"Well the five supposedly deceased princes and their mother know of me but they have never seen me before. On the contrary, they are well familiar with the beautiful face of Kumari Tiasha. So..."

-"So, a disguise." Tiasha took the Sharee from Krishna's hand. She went inside the temple and closed the door to get changed. Krishna went the other way and his attire changed into simple commoner clothes. A white cotton dhoti with yellow border and matching uttyaria was paired up with a few simple golden jewellery. 

He returned and sat on the temple's stairs waiting for Tiasha. Vati who was wandering around the courtyard of the temple, jumped and settled herself on his lap. A hearty laugh escaped his lips as he stroked her soft grey fur.

A few minutes later he heard the door of the temple open and turned around. He carefully placed Vati beside him and stood up. The most beautiful man in the universe stared in awe at the sight in front of him.

Under the light of hundreds of stars, Tiasha stood at the threshold of the Upasana Kaksha holding the door frame. Only clad in a white Sharee with a red border, long waist-length wavy hair open on her back and a blazing red Bindu on her forehead. A divine glow surrounded her entire body, making her dark skin glow like gold. The living incarnation of Devi Kali stood in front of the stone statue of the goddess. 

Krishna's hand automatically folded near his chest as Tiasha stepped out. She saw her folding his hands in front of her, making her rush to him and hold his hand. 

-"What are you doing Jayantha? You folding your hands in front of me? This mere Human? How will I be able to live with this sin?" Tiasha said in a hurry.

-"I am not folding my hands in front of a mere human. I am bowing down to Adi Shakti." He held Tiasha's hand in a firm grip. The water in the corner of his eyes twinkled like stars in the nightlight. 

Tiasha gently wiped a single tear drop from his cheek as it was about to fall on the ground. 

-"Tears don't fit in the eyes of The lord of the universe." Tiasha passed a bright smile to Krishna. Breaking away from his trance Krishna laughed. 

-"And yet, as the lord of the universe is being propelled by human emotions, tears don't listen to him." 

Meww...