Chapter 16 - Coronation

The next morning the palace of Hastinapur was bustling with excitement. The new king of Anga, the radiant young man of the Suta clan is to be coronated today.

Duryodhan was ordering around various das and dasis. He wanted to make the special day of his friend perfect.

Shakuni watched his nephew with an irritated mind but maintained the fake joy on his face. He doesn't understand why his nephew is fussing over his Suta friend this much.

Another reason for his irritation was that fallen princess. His dumb-headed nephew has befriended that girl, making all his efforts go into vain. That girl is a threat to his plan and he knows it. That's why he wanted to keep her away from his nephew. But he doesn't understand what magic she has, she has everyone, even the great patriarchs of the Kuru dynasty wrapped around her fingers.

Shakuni was standing in the corner with Dushasan as Tiasha came along with Dushala and Subhadra and greeted Duryodhan as Sakha.

Shakuni gritted his teeth seeing his nephew also calling her Sakhi and smiling at her.

Shakuni was not the only one who was displeased. Kunti was also not happy seeing Tiasha interacting with Duryodhan happily. But she masked her feelings with a fake smile when Tiasha greeted her.

Bheem, Arjun, Nakul and Sahadev didn't even care much and showed their disgust openly. All of this arrangement for the coronation of that arrogant son of a Suta? Has Duryodhan lost his all mind?

Yudhishthira was sitting beside his mother lost in thoughts. He saw Angaraj escorting Tiasha to her chamber last night. He couldn't get the scene out of his head. What were they doing together, that late at night? And why was she smiling at him like that?

But all his worries melted away as she greeted him with that beautiful sweet smile of hers.

He couldn't help his smile. Her mere presence made him forget all his worries.

Shakuni watched them from afar and smirked.

He was preparing to say something but Bhishma and Vidur came in the middle.

Tiasha greeted them and touched their feet. Bhishma blessed her and Vidur smiled.

Shakuni decided to keep his mouth shut. That night at the feast when he accused her, he got an earful from Dhritarashtra and Mahamahim after that.

-"You falsely accused our guest Gandhar Raj, this is absolutely unacceptable."

-"If you dare to insult her, one more time, Shakuni, I will personally send you back to your kingdom and you will never be allowed in the Kuru province ever again."

Even his dear sister Gandhari also rebuked him, "Bhratashree, I know you are protective over Duryodhan, but what is your problem with that poor girl? She said nothing wrong. You try to defame her every chance you get. She is just like my Dushala, Bhrata, I will not tolerate her insult."

Bhishma was happy to hear about her friendship with Duryodhan. At least she can be a good influence on his life. Because the influence he has now is nowhere near good.

Ashwatthama arrived with Drona and Kripa. The kuru princes greeted their guru. 

Tiasha stood next to Duryodhan. Drona eyed her, she was the same girl who raised her voice in front of everyone that day to defend the Suta Putra. 

Ashwatthama saw his father eyeing her so he introduced, "Pitashree, this is Kumari Tiasha, she is our friend." 

Tiasha smiled at Ashwatthama and touched Dronacharya's feet, "Pranam, Gurudev."