Chapter 43 - Farewell to Hastinapur

A few months passed after Duryodhan's marriage. 

At first, Bhishma was furious at Duryodhan for Abducting Bhanumati but Tiasha stood in his rescue. Tiasha convinced Bhishma and the others in the royal family that Duryodhan might have abducted Bhanumati but she accepted the marriage happily. And Bhanumati shouldn't be punished for what Duryodhan did.

Later the Kurus sent an official apology and loads of expensive presents to Kalinga on behalf of Rajkumar Duryodhan and the news of Bhanumati accepting the marriage. The letter stated the Kuru Family were enthralled to have Bhanumati as their Kulabadhu, who has made the bonds between the two states even deeper. In return, Kalinga too sent a lot of presents in acceptance of the relations. Kalinga king Chitrangad visited Hastinapur and blessed his Daughter and Son-in-law wholeheartedly. 

Bhishma, Kunti and the others again became busy with their work and the talk of Tiasha and Yudhishthira's marriage was further delayed. Yudhishthira being too shy didn't master the courage to talk about his own marriage and he too became engaged in royal matters as the crown prince. Tiasha became an important part of the Raj Sabha and the special advisor of Yuvraj Yudhishthira. At first, Duryodhan was not too happy with it and on top of it, Shakuni kept pouring poison into his ears. But eventually forgot all the negative thoughts seeing his Sakhi shine. A proud feeling filled his heart as he thought one day when he sits on the throne, He would have his best friend beside him as his best advisor.

Tiasha checked for the last time to see if she was missing anything. She didn't bring much when she first came to Hastina palace almost 10 months ago, so she didn't have much to pack. She refused to take even a single piece of thread from Hastinapur, despite all the requests of Kunti and Gandhari.

Tiasha sat down on the bed and looked out of the window. A sigh escaped her lips. Yesterday Yadav commander Kritavarma came to Hastinapur with a message from Jayantha.

Jayantha sent Kritavarma to bring her to Dwarika. 

Tiasha stood up and reached the window. Ten months! how time flies by. Ten months since her mother passed away. Ten months since Jayantha brought her here. Ten months since she has gotten a new family, Radha ma, Sakha Duryodhan, Ashwatthama, Dushala, Subhadra, Bhanumati, Nakul, Sahadev, Pitamah Bhishma and of course Jayantha himself. Ten months since she first met Karna. A sad smile played at the corner of her lips, eyes filling with tears. God knows when she will be able to meet all of them again, once she leaves Hastinapur.

Ten months! And not a single moment in these ten months has been anywhere near boring. She has gotten a new identity, a new chance to live again.

Tiasha finished all her lessons with Bhishma a week ago. Nakul said she could now beat even him and Sahadev in a horse race. She chuckled at all the sweet memories she had made here. 

-"I have taught you everything I know about politics, economics, diplomacy and other things that are required to run a country and you, my dear have mastered it all. I am so proud of you. You have successfully used them even before you learned all of that. In Anga and Hastinapur as well. Now, me and Vidur can't think of taking a decision without discussing it with you. You are an asset to Hastinapur, Putri." Bhishma said when Tiasha came to visit him last evening.

Tiasha touched his feet to seek his blessings. He patted her head and said, "I don't know how I am going to say goodbye to you. You are no less than Dushala and Bhanumati to me." 

Tiasha's train of thought stopped as she heard a voice from the door. Tiasha quickly dried her tears and turned around to greet Bhanumati and Dushala.

-"Didi, Mata is calling everyone for lunch." Bhanumati said. Tiasha nodded and started walking towards the door.