flammable poison chapter 7

:Rachel: if Stella did come all this way here for the amulet it must be important hmm in any case if I do manage to run into her again I'll give it back to her in the meantime I think it's time for a little experiment on just how versatile my flames could be if combined with a different element of some kind.

:Narrator: Rachel stood up from her seat holding onto the amulet and the book she was reading she then walked out of the library and back to her room to see the flaming sphere still encasing the poisonous saw needles. She walked over towards the table and placed the book down along with the amulet while taking a seat in front of the flaming sphere.

:Rachel: alright I'm sure doing something like this is a bit dangerous considering I haven't even scratched the surface of my flames or how to properly use them but sometimes to understand and gain knowledge one must jump head first into it acquaint yourself through experience that is the fastest way to master any skill.

:Narrator: Rachel closed her eyes and placed her hand out as the blue flaming sphere would slowly be pulled towards her hand absorbing right into it only leaving the poisonous needles to lay there on the table still hearing the continuous sound of sizzling letting her know the poison on the saw needles are still very much in effect.

:Rachel: it's been a few hours and yet the poison is still lively...she was right in saying it's not regular poison now that I think about it nothing about this realm is remotely regular from what I've seen.

:Narrator: she moved both of her hands above the needles as blue flames swirled around the poisonous needles as soon as the needles and her flames made contact the sounds of sizzling became louder and a few sparks started to emerge flying into the air. Rachel breathed in and out feeling the heat in her body rise while she visualized the look of rain in her mind. Soon the blue flames would lay flat on the needles slowly changing in the form into blue liquid flames she waved her hands above the table mixing the green poison within the liquid flame until it changed color into a darkish teal color. Rachel finally opened her eyes to see the final product she slowly stood up from her seat and waved her hand around as the teal colored liquid followed her hand movement she stared at it while slightly in shock.

:Rachel: I thought combining the two would make an explosion or something but it seems pretty stable...compatible even what the hell do I do now I didn't think this far ahead I can't just throw it.

:Narrator: Rachel quickly walked out of her room and walked straight outside looking around as she then waved her hands in a slow motion the liquid softly sizzled while swirling around her hands she then moved her arms up as the liquid shot up into the air rachel then closed her eyes visualizing rain once again and splits her hands apart as the liquid flaming poison became droplets dripping down from the air above a nearby tree causing it to look like rain as soon as the droplets made contact with the tree it started to immediately burn breaking down into ash and liquid mush at the same time.

:Rachel: I didn't think it would be that effective that quickly on contact if an actual person were to make contact with that stuff there would be nothing left but that was all the poison I could gather just from those saw needles well this experiment did open many possibilities on the things I could do.
:Narrator: while Rachel continued to study outside hellex and marina secretly watched her through the window feeling a bit shocked in what they were witnessing.

:Marina: she was in the library studying and looking up information about poison just only a few hours ago for her to understand the fundamentals of the elements form them to her desire and execute it all in one vale swoop this child really has a natural gift say dear...what was she doing back in the human world.

:Hellex: as far as I know she was only a regular student in a school she attended she told me she always went to her school's rooftop to bask in the sun's warmth before leaving in her words the only thing that showed her any beauty was the sun and the moon regularly gazing at the moon come nightfall or basking in the sun's warmth during the day.

:Marina: it seems she's already formed connections with the two it's just very fascinating not only for her age but for how long she's been here...a normal person wouldn't adapt like she is even if she is talented or catches on quickly there has to be more than that I understand the star chose her and it indeed would guide her but to this much growth there has to be something else we don't know. What about her parents she mentioned they died in a fire naturally if one were to go through that kind of traumatic experience the mere thought of fire would have any child shaken up but she's handling it like second nature.

:Hellex: I too am curious she said anytime she thinks about it she feels slight pain in her head perhaps mental blockage to protect the psyche and her emotional state for a child it's a bit off pain don't really phase her and I can never get a read on her which is strange since I'm remotely good at reading individuals. I don't think we're dealing with an average human regardless only time will tell one answer at a time even so we both should continue to keep supporting her and speaking of support the situation with sarina am I failing her as a father I know I'm tough on her that's because she needs to learn how to be stronger in every aspect if needed.

:Marina: I worry for her as well but we can't push her the more we try to control her the further she will drift even so stealing that amulet from them was not right we have not made enemies with the poisonous nox but doing something like that would risk future conflict I'd say we return the amulet to them take Rachel with you while on the journey try and see if you can get her to open up a bit more. A journey like this will give her first hand experience and to witness more that's out there and the ruler of the heavens flames meeting in person with the poisonous nox ruler shows what kind of leader you are to travel to their territory instead sitting behind these walls while letting someone else return it.

:Hellex: alright alright I understand but the trip from here to there would take 3 days at most think you can handle everything while I'm away?

:Marina: oh dear you know I'm just as capable as you are of course I can handle it you married a woman of love not a woman of weakness and let Rachel know so she may prepare herself.

:Narrator: hellex smiled at marina giving her a soft kiss before turning around starting to walk away marina smiled as her cheeks filled with light red from the kiss she received. Once hellex stepped outside Rachel stopped to look over at him and walked over to her slightly pointing at the tree behind her that was completely turned into a puddle of ashy mush.

:Rachel: uhh...sorry about the tree I didn't expect it to be that effective.

:Hellex: no worries it's alright I've come to tell you that we are taking a little trip to the poisonous nox faction it will take us roughly 3 days to go from here to there so you must prepare yourself a little.

:Rachel: I'm not opposed to it but why would we go there and why take me.

:Hellex: well to return the amulet sarina stole from them and to better our relationship with the poisonous nox we aren't enemies but we aren't allies either and stealing something from them I'd rather not create conflict in the future and to bring you along since you are still new to this realm I thought it would be a good idea to gain experience for yourself as well through this journey can't keep you stuck in the mansion all day and train it's like trying to keep a flame boxed in it never works.

:Rachel: if that's the case I don't have much of a choice do I? alright then I'll try to prepare myself accordingly the best I can I was only able to read a bit of information about the poisonous nox going by the book Their land is just as beautiful as here I'd be lying if I said i wasn't looking forward to it when do we leave?

:Hellex: 3 days just to prepare yourself a little and for the trip as well this should be a fine journey for you to experience.

:Rachel: I understand and thank you for taking me along I'll do my best to not cause trouble.

:Narrator: hellex chuckled and walked back inside Rachel watched as she then went over to a nearby tree to sit down under and pulled out her smell notebook starting to write inside of it ranging from her thoughts to the experiment she just conducted and now writing about the trip she will be participating in a few few days once she was done Rachel closed her notebook and looked up into the sky watching the vastly large beasts swim in the sky she took her time to enjoy such a sight.