sister's of the same coin chapter 12

:marina: this explanation should be good dear to have that girl in danger like that what were you thinking!! I understand that child is certainly talented but to fight against avalon he is known to be ruthless against his enemies and his poison is nothing to scoff at either.

:Hellex: I know how you feel I felt the same way when he challenged her to a fight to test her strength but it was Rachel's decision she said if proving to him in battle that she is indeed not weak that she is worthy of the heavens flame she said she had to do it not only to him or to me but to herself I looked in her eyes and saw a glimpse of myself from back then trying to prove myself that I am strong enough to lead to build a better future for everyone those eyes are the same I gave to my father before so...who am I to tell her otherwise.

:marina: when you put it like that I understand as well coming from her perspective she must be a bit pressured I know I would be...to have a star fuse with my soul sent to a different world far from my own I'm told I would be the key to end centuries of conflict between others that being weak is not an option so much to prove to not only those around but to myself but still she has only arrived a few months ago to fight against avalon is to much.

:Hellex: I know but I decided to trust her and her judgement if she said she can handle it then I must take her word for it and besides if the battle had gone too far I would have stepped in immediately.

:Narrator: marina sighed with her eyes closed she took her time to think things over while she rubbed her forehead she then crossed her arms looking into hellex's eyes.

:Marina: well she seems to be fine alright...I suppose that explanation is good enough consider yourself lucky this time dear well how did she do in the battle.

:Hellex: she impressed not only me but also Avalon and his daughter Stella she landed quite a strong blow on him haha!! Even broke a piece of his mask and how she did it was even more impressive as well.

:Marina: oh dear to fight one of the ruling leaders with that outcome how did she manage to make contact with him let alone land a blow if I'm correct hitting him is nearly impossible it's like fighting a cloud of toxic mist.

:Hellex: it was like that time before when I first found her in the tavern when she had a confrontation between two drunken fools and when I gave her a few lessons out in an opened field just like in the tavern and with me she changed the properties within the element to suit her needs I was unsure how she did it...with that drunk who attacked her with fire it didn't even reach her she simply touched it the fire changed color and broke down into particles it's almost like she took control of the fire itself and deemed her not a threat and disappeared. And it was the same case for Avalon when she went in for another attack as soon as her hand slipped through Avalon a part of his mist turned blue she sparked and ignited it causing an explosion in turn bypassing his mist to make contact.

:Marina: this is fascinating I understand her changing the properties within the fire to take control of it but she was able to do that to someone else with a completely different element she changed the properties of nature within it and used it to an advantage in her fight...so it's corruption to do that with another element that isn't fire I didn't know that was possible till now.

:Hellex: it is corruption from what I've seen and understand so far the more she understands how an element or an ability works the higher the chances are she can "tame" it for herself using this kind of method she could not only use it defensively but offensively as well it's like she's hacking but without computer's it's with other elements and how much she understands it the more effective this is hmm blazing corruption not a bad name to call it.

:Marina: oh no don't start doing that naming your attacks thing don't do that with her you have a bad habit with that to yell out your attacks but regardless I never knew the star was capable of doing such a thing for its host.