24.

A few days had gone by since the last occurrence. Zoë has been living with Zac and Fatima full-time, and she is slowly but surely adjusting to her new reality. However, she is yet to call either one of them mommy/daddy. It's not much of a bother for the pair though, because the child psychologist (Dr Bailey) that they got for Zoë advised them to just give her grace and wait for her to adjust at her own pace. Zoë is also still adamant on wanting specific foods only, and Fatima is slowly growing impatient, while Zac bribes her on a daily basis just so she can eat a balanced diet.

Eva and Malik have spent the past couple of days in court/ lawyers' offices. Annalise warned them that their case would definitely be stressful/ tedious and it was also a little bit tricky, because not only is Jamal a first-time offender, he is also somewhat mentally unstable as declared by a court-appointed psychiatrist. In fact, during the last court proceeding, Jamal's lawyer argued that he did not intend to kill Skylar when he accidentally dropped her. "It was an honest mistake that resulted in an unfortunate tragedy" is what she said as her closing statement. Needless to say, the courtroom was left in a ruckus because the odds clearly seemed to be leaning in Jamal's favor. However, Annalise advised the couple to keep the faith and assured them she wouldn't back down without a fight.

Meanwhile, Evelyn Wilson has officially been declared a missing person. No one has seen or heard from her since that unforgettable Sunday at church. Word on the street is that she fled the state, possibly even the country, when she found out that a warrant for her arrest had been issued. Neither of her family members are concerned about her whereabouts because they know that wherever she is.. she is alive, and as long as she's not dead, they care less about anything else. The police have been working with other states/cities in active pursuit of her, but there has been no luck thus far.

Carlos recently had a much needed meeting with the Keating family. This urgent meeting was held as a result of Liv telling her mother (Annalise) that Carlos sat back for decades and watched his wife emotionally/ verbally abuse Fatima. Needless to say, Annalise wanted answers/ reasons as to why Carlos failed to uphold his end of the deal that came into full effect on the day of Shayla's memorial, so she set up the meeting. At the meeting, she basically said that she thinks it's time they put Shayla's dying wish aside and introduce Fatima to her maternal family. Everyone was in agreement. However, Carlos asked that they hold off for a few weeks until Fatima is done writing her final exams. He did this because he didn't want to add to her stress levels and derail her progress, which would ultimately screw up her chances of graduating on record time. Therefore, they all agreed that the bomb shall be dropped at the annual Keating family Thanksgiving dinner on November 23rd.

-

-

| Zac's apartment |

Fatima had just finished making breakfast for her little family. Zoë was seated on the barstool playing with her food instead of eating it. Zac was in the bedroom getting ready for work, and then Fatima was in the kitchen reading an article about Shayla's murder on her iPad.

"Good morning, family," Zac said with a smile as he joined his little family in the kitchen. He pecked Fatima's lips before going over to hug Zoë and peck her cheek.

"I made breakfast if you have time to eat before leaving," Fatima said without raising her head from the iPad.

"Yes, please," Zac said, taking a seat on the empty barstool next to Zoë.

Fatima didn't respond because she was too engulfed in the article she was reading. For some reason, one that she herself couldn't quite put a finger on… she had grown somewhat obsessed with researching all the events that took place, leaving to Shayla's murder.