31.

| Undisclosed location |

Aunt Viv showed up on time at the agreed upon meeting location holding a bag filled with money. Evelyn didn't provide her with further steps, other than wait for my signal when you get there.

Aunt Viv had been waiting for a total of 15 minutes with no word from Evelyn. Needless to say, she started to panic, and the endless phone calls that were coming in from Fatima weren't helping the situation either. So, against her better judgment, she decided to put her cell phone on DND until further notice.

“Aye!” A random man's voice called out from behind her, causing aunt Viv to look up from her phone. “Are you Vivian?” The man asked.

“That depends on who's asking,” Aunt Viv replied before closely observing the man. His whole appearance screamed thug! From his heavily tattooed body, his piercings and not forgetting his muscular build. The man was undoubtedly scary and intimidating, but if there's one skill that Aunt Viv has mastered from being a lawyer is to never let your opponent see you sweat.

“Listen here lady!” The man raised his voice as he approached Aunt Viv. “It will do you good to work with me if you wanna see that little brat alive!” He threatened.

“Little brat?” Aunt Viv questioned. “You mean the same little girl who I'm assuming is responsible for those scratches all over your face? Oh okay.”

“Yeah, she's a tough little bit–

“Watch your damn mouth!” Aunt Viv immediately stopped him from insulting Zoë for merely trying to defend herself.

“Girl” the man rephrased his statement. “A tough little girl. She's lucky that I don't hurt kids!”

“Mm-hmm” Aunt Viv looked him up and down. “Yes, I'm Vivian, and you are?”

“Don't worry about who I am,” the man said boldly. “You just need to worry about handing that over to me,” he said pointing to the bag full of money.

“Hell no!” Aunt Viv immediately refused as she clutched the bag closer to her chest. “That wasn't part of the deal! It's either we do a trade at the same time, or I can just walk away and let the cops deal with you.”

“Or, I'll do you one even better. I can just shoot you right now and take the money from a dead body instead” the man snickered before lighting a cigarette. “So what's it gonna be? The choice is yours, sexy.”

“No actually, I believe that I should be asking you that question,” aunt Viv said, matching his energy. “You're not gonna shoot or kill me, because we both know that is not what your boss ordered. If there's one thing I know about Evelyn is that she personally prefers to do the killing. She just prides herself in using damaged young men such as yourself as her puppets. So why don't you make this easier on all of us and just call your puppet master? Tell her to come join us because I don't do business with little boys.”

The man couldn't help but to smile at aunt Viv's feistiness. “You said your name is Vivian, right?” He asked and she just nodded. “I must say… I kinda like you” he looked at her seductively. “Also, this big dawg attitude that you're displaying is turning me on” he stepped even closer to her face and then exhaled the smoke from his cigarette in her face.

Aunt Viv turned around with a disgusted look on her face. She was ready to walk away and conjure up a different plan, until the man's cell phone started ringing which stopped her in her tracks.

Wassup?” The man answered the phone.

“Quit goofing around and just get the job done!” Evelyn yelled loud enough to be heard over the speaker.