7.

▪︎ MERCY GEN  HOSPITAL ▪︎

"Two females who were both involved in a car accident," one of the EMTs frantically said to the doctors while Fatima and Eva got wheeled into separate rooms in the ER.

"Are my eyes deceiving me, or are they both pregnant?" One of the doctors asked.

"Definitely not a deception, doc. They are both most definitely pregnant, and the lady who looks to be in her twenties has already lost a lot of blood, " the EMT replied.

"SHIT! Okay, uhm, let me hurry in there and go save some lives, " the doctor said before rushing into the ER room.

______

A few moments later...

▪︎ WARD 203 ▪︎

"Oh good! You're awake, " the doctor exclaimed with glee. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"W-where am I?" Eva asked while showing signs of delirium.

"You're at MG Hospital. You were involved in a terrible car accident, " the doctor replied.

"What!?" Eva said in a panic as she tried to sit up, but couldn't because she experienced a sharp pain in her abdomen. "AHHh," she screamed out in agony as she touched her stomach.

"Mrs Wright, please don't panic. The pain IV drip must've worn off, but the nurse will be here to refill it soon," the doctor said.

"IV??!" Eva asked in shock. "NOO!! I can't have that in my system. I'm pregnant - *pauses* "My baby! What happened to my baby??!" She asked as tears fell from her eyes.

"Mrs Wright, I need you to stay calm. You're getting yourself worked up, " the doctor pleaded as she noticed the monitor start to beep.

"DON'T TELL ME TO FUCKEN CALM DOWN!!" Eva yelled. "Where is my baby?!" She asked again but this time with more aggression.

"Your baby is fine. However, we had to deliver her via an emergency c-section but I promise you that she is fine," the doctor assured her.

"Can I please see her?" Eva asked.

"Not yet because she is still getting checked and cleaned up but once that is done I'll have the nurse bring her to you."

"Thank you" Eva said softly as she began to calm down.

"Do you remember anything that happened prior to the car crash?" The doctor asked.

"Not really it's all kind of a blur. But I do recall getting into a rideshare with Fati- Eva paused for a second and closed her eyes as images from moments before the accident gradually started to pour into her brain. "OH MY GOD, FATIMA!!" She screamed in a panic.

"Who is Fatima?" The doctor asked trying to make sense of everything.

"M-my little sister, she was in the car with me and she's pregnant too!" Eva said. "Is she okay? Please tell me that she and the baby are okay?!" She said in a panic, getting herself worked up all over again.

"Mrs Wright" the doctor sighed. "For the millionth time! You need to calm down. Dammit!!" She said while slightly raising her voice.

"What kind of hospital is this?" Eva asked with a puzzled look. "I'm pretty sure that you don't have the right to yell at a patient! Who is your boss? Matter fact.. I demand to be transferred to Emroy, where my actual doctor works!!" She yelled.

The nurse who is in charge of coming to change the dressing on Eva's wounds as well as refill her IV drip, just so happened to walk in...

"Uhm... Dr Turner? What's going on in here?" The nurse asked.